View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 05:03 PM
(Just to reiterate this is a discussion and everyone is entitled to there own views )
need4speed
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2006, 05:04 PM
But even if i didnt buy from a drug dealer there is always someone else out there who will, its such a big thing its not going to make any difference a hanfull of people doing it, there still going to have the big time drug users to supply to aswel. If they wernt dealing drugs im sure they would find something else illegal to do.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 05:05 PM
That must have been a horrifying experince, and is the exact reason why drugs are and become so bad. I'm sorry you had to go through it. I will go on, because these are my opinions, but again, nothing is said to offend. Just my ramblings.

I think it is useless debating this subject (at least with me, as I have 2 opinions on the subject - I hope both have come through with what I have said). What you experienced is the extreme. And fortunately not everyone will see that. In fact, most people won't even dream it happens. And of course it should be stopped. As soon as something affects another person in a negative way it becomes something that needs addressing. But drugs are not the ONLY cause of that kind of suffering. Humans and greed are. The dealers who get people hooked. People addicted to drugs aren't going to make rational decisions and can be manipulated and used and are a good scapegoat.

I haven't witnessed personal suffering like you have, but I have witnessed suffering through substance abuse. In work, in life, in people I meet and stories I hear. I have seen people shooting up (noone I know - I lived next door to a derelict house as a student). Most people won't even see that in their life. It is sad and awful and makes you feel dispair and anger. But I still can't categorise all drug users into the same box. They are not all the same. Some need help. Some don't. It's the same with EVERYTHING. I just can't condemn certain people I know as scum, because of what they choose to do. If I felt they were going too far, or going to hurt someone, then I would do my best to make them stop and see sense.

I can't get across how I feel truely, as I am split. Freedom of choice, yet dislike the effects of hard drugs. In the ideal world.. well, it would all be ideal, whatever that it.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by need4speed
If they wernt dealing drugs im sure they would find something else illegal to do.
perhaps they might get a real job and earn honest money

just my little imput
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by need4speed
But even if i didnt buy from a drug dealer there is always someone else out there who will, its such a big thing its not going to make any difference a hanfull of people doing it, there still going to have the big time drug users to supply to aswel. If they wernt dealing drugs im sure they would find something else illegal to do.
oh sorry I obviously misunderstood - so because other people do buy from this dealer it makes it ok for you to? It's such a big thing you can't make a difference, but if all the people who use it "recreationally" and don't "need" the drugs stopped according to you guys that'd be more than a handful. And you buying drugs and keeping them in the "proffession" stops them from other criminality - so by your reasoning I should go out and hire a hit man to kill the president because if I don't someone else would do it anyway and if I don't keep said hitman employed he'll just do something else, like say deal drugs?
Your reasoning is an excuse.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 05:11 PM
Some DO have jobs too. Like users, I think there are varying degrees of dealers.

Some kids sell pot in school for pocket money, some sell crack to kids. Extremes on both sides.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 05:11 PM
do we not think its time to put this really old thread to sleep ........
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Bodhi
That must have been a horrifying experince, and is the exact reason why drugs are and become so bad. I'm sorry you had to go through it. I will go on, because these are my opinions, but again, nothing is said to offend. Just my ramblings.

I think it is useless debating this subject (at least with me, as I have 2 opinions on the subject - I hope both have come through with what I have said). What you experienced is the extreme. And fortunately not everyone will see that. In fact, most people won't even dream it happens. And of course it should be stopped. As soon as something affects another person in a negative way it becomes something that needs addressing. But drugs are not the ONLY cause of that kind of suffering. Humans and greed are. The dealers who get people hooked. People addicted to drugs aren't going to make rational decisions and can be manipulated and used and are a good scapegoat.

I haven't witnessed personal suffering like you have, but I have witnessed suffering through substance abuse. In work, in life, in people I meet and stories I hear. I have seen people shooting up (noone I know - I lived next door to a derelict house as a student). Most people won't even see that in their life. It is sad and awful and makes you feel dispair and anger. But I still can't categorise all drug users into the same box. They are not all the same. Some need help. Some don't. It's the same with EVERYTHING. I just can't condemn certain people I know as scum, because of what they choose to do. If I felt they were going too far, or going to hurt someone, then I would do my best to make them stop and see sense.

I can't get across how I feel truely, as I am split. Freedom of choice, yet dislike the effects of hard drugs. In the ideal world.. well, it would all be ideal, whatever that it.
no offence taken Bodhi - but my opinions are cut and dried - nobody can take drugs without it effecting another person, nomatter whether they know that other person or not. I haven't condemned anyone as being scum thats someone elses words not mine - but taking drugs is wrong full stop. And whether the people are hard abusers or casual users like people who have put there opinions forward onto the thread it's still wrong, they should stop doing it.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 05:13 PM
It's very interesting though Inca! Well.. I think it is....

Very emotive, but as long as people are sensible, we can discuss it in a nice manner.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Bodhi
It's very interesting though Inca! Well.. I think it is....

Very emotive, but as long as people are sensible, we can discuss it in a nice manner.
seconded - noone has fallen out (not from the discussion i've had anyway) it is interesting to hear other peoples opinions and surely anything that heightens drug awareness is positive?
Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >