Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leyla's mummy
New Member!
Female 

23-05-2016, 08:01 AM

Help wanting please

Hi I was wondering if any one could help , I am looking at a puppie to buy and the breeder who I am looking at she has one girl left and the mother of the puppie is 3/4 shih tzu and 1/4 Jack Russel and dad is a full pedigree Lhasa also and is mum more shih tzu than Jack Russel , would like if any one cold help

Thank you Maria x
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by leyla's mummy View Post
Hi I was wondering if any one could help , I am looking at a puppie to buy and the breeder who I am looking at she has one girl left and the mother of the puppie is 3/4 shih tzu and 1/4 Jack Russel and dad is a full pedigree Lhasa also and is mum more shih tzu than Jack Russel , would like if any one cold help

Thank you Maria x
This puppy has no pedigree, you are speaking to a breeder of mutts, thus you are not speaking to a breeder. This dog can be had at the pound for free, please do not encourage this sort of behavior.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Ignore the troll, any person who breeds their dog is in fact a breeder.
I don't really understand what you're asking for help with tbh.
The dog is a cross breed so it's highly unlikely any health tests would have been carried out. That said it doesn't mean she won't be healthy, it just means you won't have the peace of mind regarding certain conditions which can be tested for.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2016, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure what you need help with exactly. This is probably some backyard breeder who just has "cute dogs" and is breeding them to make money. Generally no real health tests have been done, but hopefully the puppies have had their age appropriate vaccinations. If were going to buy from some backyard breeder, I would want to ask if/how the puppies have been socialized. Have they been anywhere from the house? Met anyone else? What are the temperaments of the parents like? (I would absolutely REFUSE to bring home a puppy if I didn't get to first interact with the parents...if they refuse to let you meet one or the other THERE IS A PROBLEM.) And do NOT bring the puppy home any earlier than 8 weeks (10 is even better). A lot of these backyard breeders try to off their puppies at 6-7 weeks. It's too soon. I know it doesn't SEEM like much but to a developing puppy it can mean everything. They learn so much from their mother and from their littermates that removing them early can be really detrimental to their temperament and socialization. This is how you end up with puppies who have no bite inhibition (even in play they bite too hard), puppies who are shy or scared, puppies with serious fear issues, or puppies who don't know how to properly play and interact with other dogs.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-05-2016, 04:53 PM
As it is a crossbreed or in other words a mongrel I would not pay more than £10 for it and even then it would be expensive.

Too many are trying to claim it is this or that to make more money
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by leyla's mummy View Post

Thank you Maria x
Not sure what you are wanting help with. It sounds like the breeder has told you the background to both dogs so it's a case of you pay your money and take your chances if you want to take this girl on.

If your breeder has been truthful, you are more likely to get the temperament of the shih tzu, but you can never be sure of that as the Jack Russel traits may dominate. That is always the risk with cross breeds.

If you could detail your concerns more fully, I am sure there will be many who will try to help
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2016, 05:12 PM
£10 is a ridiculous price, it's no less of a dog because it has mixed parentage. It is just as capable of being a much loved companion and bringing it's owner pleasure.