View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Voffer
New Member!
Male 

14-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Thats the thing, I prefer dogs over people to be honest myself, so its really hard for me.
But me an my BF have been together for 6 years, so I dont feel i can leave him for a dog either
(Even as previously stated: Ive though about just go for it and hope for the best)

My current dog loves other dogs. I dont think it will be a problem as he will always be my prince, even though i may get a little princess as well.
Sure, you never know how he will act untill a pup moves in, but im sure he will be OK. I also think it would be good for him to have a travel-buddy to snooze around

I acctually got a call from the breeder of the pup i had to say "no" too a few weeks ago.
Theyr second choice of home didnt want her after all, and i havent answered back yet.

One side of me says: "My boyfriend would go mental on me"
And the other part of me says; "Just do it! If the worst thing ive done in the relationship is getting a puppy, breaking up over it means there was something seriously wrong in our relationship in the first place"

Ahhh, i guess il answer the breeder tomorrow.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2016, 09:06 PM
You only seem to think what you want and are dismissing all your boyfriends reasons for not wanting another dog even if you think they are silly excuses. If you lived on your own I would say go for it but you know your boyfriend really doesn't want another one so I think it's unfair that you keep constantly bringing it up with him.

It might be important to you but it appears important to your boyfriend that you don't get another dog. If you need another dog so urgently then ditch the boyfriend and go off on your own and have as many dogs as you want because you don't seem to think much of him anyway as you're unwilling to appreciate his point of view and are determined to have your way.

By the way your English is excellent
Voffer
New Member!
Male 

15-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the advice, and the compliment.

Its so weird, because in one way, i totally agree with you. Still, i have theese super-strong feelings about it. Especially this exact pup the breeder contacted me again about. Ive looked at a few pups "behind hes back", but this one really got to me. The parents, the breeder, the blood-line, the looks, how she acted compared to the other pups ive been looking at.

Its like saying "No" to a million dollars, even though im sure there will be a puppy in the future sometime that also will hit me like a truck in the heart.

Even though all dogs are diffrent off course, she just reminded me soo mutch of my previous dog.

Today is the day im supposed to answer the breeder back, my heart is racing with adrenaline and il give it a few more hours.

Would like some ways to persuade him, but its also wery nice to hear every advice out there; be it against or for
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-05-2016, 09:10 PM
It is basically how do you feel about your relationship, as a person who love dogs, one must look at who your partner is.

If you don't see a end game of you and him being together forever, then what I'm about to say is mute.

You must respect the person you love. There is no tricking someone you want to spend the rest of your life with into.

Or pressuring them.

My first wife was lust and we both made great money, end was divorce.
2nd we did great together and she past way to young.
I was granted a 3rd person in my life, she is great and now she still is but medical issues made me alter plans.

You must know in your heart what and where you are going with the person your with before trying to push them to do what you want. That is simply being disrespectful.

You say you do everything but yet you have a issue with the current as far as leaving it with someone. Sound like this is a issue with current pet that your partner may look at in a 2nd.

Which do you want more current partner or a 2nd pup?

Go from there.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-05-2016, 07:54 AM
your posted profile
Name: Jubi
Male or Female: Male
Type of dog/s owned: Mutts

Voffer has not made any friends yet

As you are a male and also your partner I would say go down the pub get blind drunk then demand you have a second dog
banksy217
New Member!
Male 

17-05-2016, 12:11 PM
I see both points, but I'd have to agree with some that mentioned above that there is a lot of I want. You have to weigh what you want vs what you need. If you see your bf in the future and want to build a family with him you need to make some kind of sacrifice even if it's temporarily waiting for your second dog. Logic vs Impulse. Perhaps he just wants to be financially stable before getting another dog even if you have your sh*t together and he felt he didn't. Who knows but I'd say give it time before bringing it up again, like a few weeks or even a month or so if you can wait so you can talk it through without him feeling constantly annoyed.

viel glück
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 12:28 PM
To me the simple solution seems to be to sit down and talk to your boyfriend, but not with demands, simply talk.

Discuss the reasons behind both your points of view and if your boyfriend simply thinks the time is not yet right, find out his thoughts on this and see if you can find a mutually agreeable timescale that you can both work with.

One quick thought, I think you want a new puppy for you and not for your other dog. I really don't think your present dog will suffer one iota if you don't get another dog. Sometimes, it can be quite the reverse where a dog who has a very close bond finds difficulty in accepting another dog.

Good luck whatever you decide x
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2016, 01:13 PM
It took me a LONG time to convince my now husband to get a second dog. But we sat down and talked about it. A lot. And decided on what needed to happen before we brought home a new dog (dog for us, not puppy). Basically, we had to have a house with a fenced in yard. Once we got those, we adopted a new dog a few months later when the right dog came along.

And the house WAS important. It's far easier to move with only one dog than two and so having that stability was important, as was having a fenced in yard for the new dog to run (I wanted a Border Collie and for some crazy reason he agreed to that one!).

So maybe sit down and discuss his concerns? Maybe you could alleviate some of those? Maybe discuss if you want to have a house and consider getting another dog once that happens? I know you want this puppy NOW, but it sounds like if you bring it home, you may lose your boyfriend. If your relationship is on the rocks and you're ok with that, then maybe it's time to break it off, move out, and get your puppy. But if it's NOT and you want to stay with him, then perhaps discussing it works.

Maybe you might have to agree to a dog of a different breed (not sure what you're looking at). I don't know what the solution is. But you have to decide what's more important -- getting that second dog or your boyfriend. You MAY have to choose.
allisoncameron
New Member!
Female 

21-05-2016, 10:49 AM
hahah ... love it
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
I may get criticised for this (I frequently do,lol) but to me it's not a second dog you need it's a new boyfriend. One that is more in tune with you and your wants and needs and a tad more sympathetic.
Simply - get rid of him. There are as they say - plenty more fish in the sea.
Good luck !
Ha ha! This was my first thought
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >