Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TwoPuggles
New Member!
Male 

07-05-2016, 03:00 AM

Important White House petition regarding cyclists and dog walkers

I believe this new White House petition regarding cyclists and dog walkers is important to the dog-loving community. I encourage everyone to sign the petition. I would like to know what others thought about the petition, and I will respond to all relevant posts.

https://wh.gov/ioGGa
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Going to say no due to the fact that there are already laws in place in the US regarding cyclist and dog ownership in the matter. No cyclist unless stopping somewhere should be on a sidewalk, and in my opinion dog owners who walk there dogs in public should be responsible to control there dogs.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Personally, I think cyclists should have to honk a horn or something when they're coming up on someone walking. If the person is on a sidewalk and the bike is in the road that's not a big deal. But when walking someplace where I have to share the road with bikes AND cars, I would like some advance warning that a bicycle is coming up behind me. I can hear cars. They make a lot of noise. I can't hear bicycles and I've been surprised and almost run over one too many times by them.

As for dog owners needing to control their dogs? Of course. However, bikes are a known aggravator of reactive dogs. And if you're working on an issue and a cyclist flies by you at full speed it can set you back. Slowing down makes sense. Cars have to slow down for cyclists. Why shouldn't cyclists have to slow down for walkers?
Josphroberts
New Member!
Male 

26-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Totally agree with you.