View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2012, 09:56 AM
As others have said I don't know the process of applying to live in a council house. I assume it's not available to everyone. Well, I know it's not available to us when we had a moment of thinking we'd be homeless and at the time our income was below £11000 per annum. I also know my partner couldn't claim benefits and we still paid tax/council tax

I don't think agreeing with the majority of people living in council houses not breeding is 'looking down on anyone'.

However, stopping people from breeding on their own property would be harder to enforce as a rule than those in rented accommodation.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
once again blanket bans, maybe the way forward is blanket bans and you have to apply to breed?? Something has to be done though to stop over breeding
ATD x
eminently sensible!
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
once again blanket bans, maybe the way forward is blanket bans and you have to apply to breed?? Something has to be done though to stop over breeding
ATD x
I honestly love SBT's but maybe a blanket ban to stop them being breed for a few years so hundreds of them a week weren't being destroyed from over breeding!

Skimming through Gumtree for five minutes this time of year is enough to set anyone against irresponsible breeding I would think. Council house or not.
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Also I thought you did need a licence from the council to breed? Or is that only above a certain number?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
The law is the law I'm afraid if it says thats that council tennants can not breed their dogs then it has to be.

Personally it does not bother me as long as the dogs are being bred ethicly to standered. But surely council tennants could not afford to be breed dogs anyway?
bit of a sweeping statement there.. i live in a council house. i could afford to breed. i bred a healthy litter and put a lot of time and effort into them. just like i would if i lived in a private rented, or my own house.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 10:04 AM
i think its over a certain number of bitches/litters?
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
I dont know the ins and outs of council housing but to my limited knowledge i assume that you are put on a waiting list for council housing as you are not in a financial position to buy your own house?

'bash anyone who is below you in anyway' - how is putting a rule in place that stops people pocketing cash whilst in receipt of what is essentially a benefit?

Do you agree with people on JSA having a job but not declaring it?

At the end of the day if its not your property you abide by the rules of the people who own the property, simple as that.
so mr and mrs middle class who are claiming working tax credit, childcare allowance and other benefits who pocket cash from breeding are not the same as council house tenants a lot of whom who pay a fair rent, obviously not as much as private tenants but lets face it that is our fault for allowing private landlords to rip the system off.
Nothing is simple each has an agenda.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-07-2012, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=pippam;2557118]The law is the law I'm afraid if it says thats that council tennants can not breed their dogs then it has to be.

Personally it does not bother me as long as the dogs are being bred ethicly to standered. But surely council tennants could not afford to be breed dogs anyway?[/QUOTE
i think you need to get out more, not all council tenants are poor or indeed waste money on fags and booze, some of them spend there cash (yes they do work) on the benefits of their animals.
No law saying earning stops you renting a council house, indeed i wish there were more employed council tenants as it would help prevent sink estates.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
so mr and mrs middle class who are claiming working tax credit, childcare allowance and other benefits who pocket cash from breeding are not the same as council house tenants a lot of whom who pay a fair rent, obviously not as much as private tenants but lets face it that is our fault for allowing private landlords to rip the system off.
Nothing is simple each has an agenda.
Cant see where I said that? whether it be jsa allowance working tax credit etc etc no diff.

In an ideal world all breeding would be controlled and if councils choose to set a good example they should be applauded maybe private landlords will follow suit! its about the dogs at the end of the day and any reduction in breeding is a good thing
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 10:24 AM
No law saying earning stops you renting a council house, indeed i wish there were more employed council tenants as it would help prevent sink estates.[/QUOTE]

there isnt a law you are right i think perhaps there should be one (maybe there is?) that means if you earn over a certain amount then you should give up your council property
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >