Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
big paul
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-05-2010, 07:19 PM

Do you take water with you?

Just wondering how many of you take a drink for your dog on walks.
the Field where willow and i go I'm the only one out off 10 or so owners too do so when willow get a drink the others come for one i now take a large bottle of water with me.(perhaps thats why no one Else brings one out )
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2010, 07:36 PM
When I go out with the dogs I always have a dog bowl and water in a cool bag in the car. If I'm only going for a short walk (less than an hour) the water stays in the car and they can have as much as they want when we get back to the car. If we're going on a long walk then the water and the bowl comes with us
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Everyway I walk has a river- canal or pond so i don't really need to.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 07:38 PM
we dont as China's walks are about 30-40 mins long so she rarely needs one.

On hot days like this, she will mooch into the water and have a few laps of water but nothing to warrant taking a bottle out with us. IF we are on a day out or a weekend away we do and she has mastered the art of drinking from the bottle(esp those ones with the little pull up bit like on sports drink bottles!!)
MXG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2010, 07:43 PM
If it's hot like it is now then I will take water with me in a sports bottle, myself and Ted share it!! Being a black dog he really feels this heat so I do worry that he may dehydrate.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 07:44 PM
I take a fresh bottle every time we go out, and we're not out more than 40 mins in this heat, even at 7 am in the morning, but they can't wait to drink when we get back to the car, so it goes to show, just how much they need, and I'm only 10 mins from home, but I like to take it.
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2010, 07:44 PM
I always have water, another 2 in the car just incase it's really hot. This week however, since my sister doesn't think that her dog may need a drink. I've been carrying an extra bottle around with me. Although thinking about it my sister usually only takes her dog for a small walk. When I go with the dogs I can be gone hours with mine.
Solomon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2010, 07:51 PM
I always have water in the car, even if we are not going on walks. You never know if you are going to get stuck in traffic.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Nope, I don't!
Teagan can't keep drinks down anyway, and even when we've just got back from a walk I have to restrict how much she drinks, otherwise she just throws it all up!
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Usually we go for walks where there is plenty of water, if we go somewhere new, i take one of these water-bottle-and-bowl-in-one things with me... Just in case....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >