View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 08:08 PM
I understand where AZZ is coming from - I've always held the same views ... UNTIL I GOT BELLA!

Situation much the same as yours and can now relate to all these comments:
Personally, I dont want my Pup going back anywhere near him or that house
basically once you see the puppy, see the horrible conditions you just want to 'save' them
My sensible head say give her back and take the refund, dont support such horrible people and let them breed more litters
But I doubt I could do that if I had the pup in my arms either
HOWEVER my missus doesn't want me to take her back to such a place, and wants to do everything she can to help her
I like your missus.

I could have got my money back but would have been tortured by nightmares for years knowing that they'd just wring her neck or drown her and cut their losses.

Of course the only way is never to ever go near these sellers or buy. Then you don't 'see' the problem. But it still exists. And will continue to exist. Just because some responsible dog lovers won't deal with pet shops etc. does not mean they will become extinct. Have to also say that just because you or I rescue ONE unfortunate dog from them - doesn't wipe out the problems for all the others. But we are 'where we are NOW' not where we were before or where we would be if we hadn't done 'such and such' and I apply that to everything in life.

I had to live with being told that the 'other minpin' that was in the cage with mine was still there A FULL YEAR LATER.

I didn't even drive down that road because I couldn't have stood to see it. I was only galvanised into non action about taking that one too because one of the reasons I had for taking Bella was that he was bullying and biting her and she had the scabbed ears etc. to show for it. So no way would I keep them together.

I've just got soft in my old age and all I can say is I am glad this unfortunate mite found its way to you and your wife.
bfetterman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2012, 06:35 PM
I feel terrible for you having to deal with this situation, but I applaud you and your lady's courage for keeping this pup. Personally, I would not be able to return her already knowing what she has been through and the situation she has been in. It's just not something I could live with.

As for how to take care of her, I read that at that stage pups will be okay without mom's milk. As somebody already mentioned, a good puppy food that has been softened will be whats best for her. I got my pup when he was around six weeks and we had to do that for awhile, I fed him four or five times per day and he loved it (he only ate around a cup or a cup and a half of food per day at that stage, hard to believe he's eating almost 4 cups now ).

All in all, It sounds like she has a wonderful new home where she is loved and will be provided for. Good luck with everything and try to keep faith that everything will work out. There's many people here on Dogsey who would listen with open ears (or eyes I guess in this case ) if you ever need anything
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Aww xx i haven't got any advice i just wanted to say well done for what you are doing.

Stick around, there's loads of great knowledgeable people on here. Can we see a pic?

I wouldn't return the pup either, it won't make any difference to these vile breeders it will probably just mean she will lose her life.

I know a blind Akita, he is blooming fantastic, don't let her size and manageability make you any less confident she/you can cope with this! xxxx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3