Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
That is scary, we have the same problem, we can't walk around the block as there is a human aggressive dog (unsure if she is dog aggressive), our neighbours dog is always out and he doesn't get on with other male dogs, and now another person has got a dog two houses up that doesn't have a fence only today another house who didn't want to put there dog in their backyard went missing (and now they are angry ). I just wonder what is next, it is horrible feeling like you are unable to take the dogs out the front, when you want
That sounds awful How do you cope?

It's unreal how many people think it's not their responsibility to ensure their dogs are not affecting their neighbours/the public in general.

I worry even if our dogs are a bit barky (only around bonfire night) because I don't want the neighbours to have to listen to it.

Luckily we don't usually have dogs wandering without owners, but many, many owners use the close as a park (there's one lady who rollerblades around the car park with her beardie every day, doesn't look like much fun for the dog but it's well behaved so I don't mind that at all). They seem to think because it's got a few bits of grass here and there, and there's a small children play area at the top of the close that the whole thing is a park. Dogs frequently run up to and sniff outside our house, we're thinking of fencing in the front a bit just to give us an extra chance to guage the situation once we open the door.
I do usually check outside but last night this dog was right over the other side of the road, and the fog here was unreal yesterday so I didn't see it until I was outside.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki_Ann View Post
That sounds awful How do you cope?

It's unreal how many people think it's not their responsibility to ensure their dogs are not affecting their neighbours/the public in general.

I worry even if our dogs are a bit barky (only around bonfire night) because I don't want the neighbours to have to listen to it.

Luckily we don't usually have dogs wandering without owners, but many, many owners use the close as a park (there's one lady who rollerblades around the car park with her beardie every day, doesn't look like much fun for the dog but it's well behaved so I don't mind that at all). They seem to think because it's got a few bits of grass here and there, and there's a small children play area at the top of the close that the whole thing is a park. Dogs frequently run up to and sniff outside our house, we're thinking of fencing in the front a bit just to give us an extra chance to guage the situation once we open the door.
I do usually check outside but last night this dog was right over the other side of the road, and the fog here was unreal yesterday so I didn't see it until I was outside.
I am thinking of the same thing LOL, it drives me batty, I tell some of the nieghbours how I feel and it stops it for a while, there is no real solution so I try to remember I can only control what I do and not others and that works sometimes but other times I feel like them. We are in a cul-de-sac as well and a total of 10 houses are in our street, so it is closer quarters for us, we have a front verandah, so I get a bit of time to gauge what is happening before they make it onto the grass and go down with them. Not ideal but what can you do
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2