Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Not heard that at all, just look here for example, NONE pedigree dog owners raring to go, almost 4months out!

The ONLY thing he did, was make more irresponsible breeders. He was responsible for folk advertising "none KC reg" and "healthier" pups etc.. Look where that led, NO health testing!!
I think he did what he needed to do and as with most things some negative issues arise, i think you know a few KC breeders are or were just as irresponsible but they had the backing of the kc name, you know breeders were breeding from genetically flawed dogs, his part in a certain programme has hopefully begun to remove certain aspects of the kc world.
He was far from perfect but as i said maybe now the shock has worked more working together can take place to remove the poor breeder from non and kc registration.
If the kc had been fully clean then none of it would have been necessary and nobody would have had to advertise non kc registered dogs.
Not always necessary to blame the messenger
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
I think he did what he needed to do and as with most things some negative issues arise, i think you know a few KC breeders are or were just as irresponsible but they had the backing of the kc name, you know breeders were breeding from genetically flawed dogs, his part in a certain programme has hopefully begun to remove certain aspects of the kc world.
He was far from perfect but as i said maybe now the shock has worked more working together can take place to remove the poor breeder from non and kc registration.
If the kc had been fully clean then none of it would have been necessary and nobody would have had to advertise non kc registered dogs.
Not always necessary to blame the messenger
Im sorry, no I dont! I may know "of" but certainly dont KNOW of ANY irresponsible breeders, and if I did I would make sure they knew how I felt about it, and Id not have anything to do with them! Please do not imply things that have no foundation!
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Good riddance! I hope he is followed by many more of the RSPCA top officials who in their scramble to achieve "animal rights" credibility have forgotten that they are there to prevent animal cruelty not promote a PETA style animal rights movement. Until they do remember their real purpose, they will continue to lose both support and credibility.

Mick
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 12:28 PM
I like him, but I don't agree at all with what he said on PDE. It's a good move I think.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 12:41 PM
ohh no well isnt that a shame!
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by MickB View Post
Good riddance! I hope he is followed by many more of the RSPCA top officials who in their scramble to achieve "animal rights" credibility have forgotten that they are there to prevent animal cruelty not promote a PETA style animal rights movement. Until they do remember their real purpose, they will continue to lose both support and credibility.

Mick
here here Mick. nothing but a bunch of *expletives*
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
For me and people who i have chatted with no longer hold crufts in the same respect as in years gone by.
aw thats a shame - how will crufts ever manage?
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 04:31 PM
So he's left the RSPCA, that begs the question who's going to have the missfortune of working with him next, and what extremist nonsence will he come out with, that will damage their reputation, or as with the RSPCA's case, damage it further.

The mutants comment makes me laugh, as how does the man think he came to be different from his parents...threw some digree of gene mutation, the same as every other human, and most other species. So he himself is a mutant, bet he didn't think of that when he was expressing his opinion.

If he truely did care about the state of some pedigree dogs, he'd have focused his attention on puppy farmers and bybs who produce the vast majority of porly bred dogs.

That program and that man, chose to focus on what is infact a minority within the dog owning populas.

The vast majority of dog owners don't show their dogs.
Out of those who do, the vast majority I'd say don't breed.
Within the minority that both show and breed, as in every other circle dog related or not, there will be undesirables.

So with that in mind, can someone please explain how, a minority within a minority, can be responsible for the majority of health issues within pedigree dogs.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
aw thats a shame - how will crufts ever manage?
i am sure they will manage fine.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Im sorry, no I dont! I may know "of" but certainly dont KNOW of ANY irresponsible breeders, and if I did I would make sure they knew how I felt about it, and Id not have anything to do with them! Please do not imply things that have no foundation!
my apologies as i was not inferring that you personally know i meant in the context you made in lower case, i am sure though as you stated if you did personally know any you would indeed make sure you educated them.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >