Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2010, 12:13 PM

Anyone used PDSA insurance?

They seem really good cover and well priced. Kodas with petplan life plan but just wanted reviews on PDSA? cheers
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Hiya

Funnily enough, I just registered Henry with them last night, they seemed to be as good as the rest and his policy is costing just over £12 per month whereas others were in the region of £16, (direct line, pet plan etc).

I wanted to go with a good company after being so put off by E&L, lets face it, the PDSA has been going for years so I just thought I would give them a try.

I went for the second highest option, slightly more expensive but it covers him if he gets lost/stolen, death by accident/illness etc, there were just a couple of extra things he was covered with as apposed to the cheapest option which was around £10 per month.

The excess on the policy is £100 but I'm happy with that, I just want peace of mind incase he needs an op or develops a long term illness.

I will keep you posted if I have any reservations once the paperwork comes through
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2010, 12:58 PM
On a pet insurance review website i use there is only 1 review but it's a very good one.
KMB
New Member!
Female 

17-11-2010, 10:52 AM
I have not claimed with PDSA but they appear to offer good insurance/good price and there is a donation to PDSA comes off the premium. I would not expect there to be any real claim difficulties if PDSA are putting their name to it, so long as the claim is justified obviously - they're not that type of charity!! On the whole I feel quite comfortable insuring with them, although funnily enough it wasn't my vet's choice - I wonder why - perhaps they get a commission from other more expensive companies, dare I say it (although my vets are very very good). Anyway I chose PDSA, for better or for worse!