Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaspode
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
I note that she was a steward at the show, smacks of favourtism to me!
Me too
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post

I note that she was a steward at the show, smacks of favourtism to me!
Probably!

Welcome to the show world!

In the lady's defence though, although she should have been more organised and taken the correct dog in to start with she did swap for the dog she entered in the first place, so it's not as if she was just wanting to find a calmer dog, if you know what I mean?
Gaspode
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Probably!

Welcome to the show world!

In the lady's defence though, although she should have been more organised and taken the correct dog in to start with she did swap for the dog she entered in the first place, so it's not as if she was just wanting to find a calmer dog, if you know what I mean?
I thought I'd got the show world sussed - been going along for a year to support my Mum and another friend in their new show careers - but I guess I've still a lot to learn

As to swapping for the correct dog - why didn't she just explain to the judge, before entering the ring, that she needed to fetch her dog. I'm sure we could have waited another minute or two for her to go get him - or is that not allowed either. Would have saved a lot of mutterings!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Gaspode View Post
I thought I'd got the show world sussed - been going along for a year to support my Mum and another friend in their new show careers - but I guess I've still a lot to learn

As to swapping for the correct dog - why didn't she just explain to the judge, before entering the ring, that she needed to fetch her dog. I'm sure we could have waited another minute or two for her to go get him - or is that not allowed either. Would have saved a lot of mutterings!
I have no idea why, probably didn't want to hold up the class I suspect and jepordise a place by making the judge irate. Just a guess really.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2