View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:18 PM
It's certainly not a case of snobbery. I have two working collies who aren't KC registered but I love them just as much as my Champion showdogs - no-one could acuse me of being biased to show dogs only

Posts are read by people who could be misled about wins at all different types of shows. It is important to be as factual as possible so people don't get the wrong idea. How would you feel if you were new to showing and wanted to show your JRTs at KC shows? Reading some of the posts you'd think that you would be able to - but that's not the case is it.

JRTs are NOT titled in the same way as a Champion with the KC. That's what was being put across.

Debs
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:20 PM
And the undernoted quote. I would be quite happy to enter my Champion dog in a fun show if I had a champion and if they were allowed!!!

CHAMPIONS CANNOT enter Companion/Fun shows, they are not allowed !! (Not that People with Champions would WANT to enter a Fun show !)[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of assumptions being made me thinks

Spettadog
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by surannon View Post
It's certainly not a case of snobbery. I have two working collies who aren't KC registered but I love them just as much as my Champion showdogs - no-one could acuse me of being biased to show dogs only

Posts are read by people who could be misled about wins at all different types of shows. It is important to be as factual as possible so people don't get the wrong idea. How would you feel if you were new to showing and wanted to show your JRTs at KC shows? Reading some of the posts you'd think that you would be able to - but that's not the case is it.

JRTs are NOT titled in the same way as a Champion with the KC. That's what was being put across.

Debs
HI Debs

I appreciate what you are saying but this person seems to be jumped on whenever she posts and that's not fair!! What about educating?

JRTs might not be titled the same way as a KC CHampion but within their own breed club they are classed as champions in their own right and that's what the OP was trying to get across (I think!). Perhaps she just hasnt been able to put it into the right words.

Spettadog
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Hi Spettadog,

Its not snobbery among Dogsey members, its purely regarding the technicality of KC recognised breeds in terms of what dogs can and can`t enter, and confusion generated by a JRT owning ex-member who could`nt seem to understand this particular point.

The snobbery [ imo ] is from the KC for not recognising the variety developed by Parsons [ who kept his dogs well away from Showing ], and them naming the variety he did`nt `approve` of [ if thats the right way to put it ], after him some years after his death, and recognising them formerly but not the originals.

Personally I think both should have equal status and if you look at the entry details for the recent Terrier AV class in the Dogsey Virtual Show you will see that I gave that equality to JRTs alongside PRTs for their class so no snobbery from me on that score

Hope that clears it up a bit re the thread itself :smt001
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2007, 04:33 PM
I didnt think there was snobbery involved here(i would have said if i did ), though saying that I can see why some people may think that, especially as there is imo alot of snobbery in the dog world, but once again I dont think this was one of them times.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by spettadog View Post
HI Debs

I appreciate what you are saying but this person seems to be jumped on whenever she posts and that's not fair!! What about educating?
That was tried and failed unfortunately, particularly regarding matters of honesty

JRTs might not be titled the same way as a KC CHampion but within their own breed club they are classed as champions in their own right and that's what the OP was trying to get across (I think!). Perhaps she just hasnt been able to put it into the right words.

Spettadog

My comment above will hopefully explain that point
[ without dragging it all open again, suffice to say troll flushing is a tiring activity some times and not everyone is aware of a lot of the posts which were deleted due to their content ]
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Just to clarify the title of Champion in JRTs. It IS a title won on one day at one show and is basically the same as BIS or RBIS win. If you have a look at this schedule you will see how it works.

Debs
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Thank you. I absolutely snobbery in relation to dogs. Having only recently started showing it has appalled me on many occasions. In fact, it has disgusted me so much that I am now considering not showing again as that world and those type of people are alien to me. I just love dogs - pure and simple. All types big, fat, small, large, KC reg, unregistered.

Kind regards
Spettadog
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Just to add - it's more or less the same as the 'title' that the media love to give the Crufts BIS winner - i.e. 'Crufts Supreme Champion' - a title which makes me twitch! LOL

HTH

Debs

BTW - I have to admit to having a huuuuuge soft spot for Braccos
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:45 PM
I can fully understand how you feel, I walked away from Breed showing over 30 years ago because of that sort of thing - but, those who behave badly really are the minority so if you enjoy it for yourself and your dog, don`t let the bad apples and poor sportsmen put you off the way it did in my case.
Had I been older and wiser at the time I would have stuck my fingers up at that type and taken their superiority complexes down a peg or ten
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >