View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

14-07-2005, 07:13 AM

Lump

Found a lump on Bonnies(11yrs Oct) side a few wks ago, the night before I went to UK. Its pea sized & still there. Have heard if you can hold it thru the skin its probably fatty cyst type but can`t remember if I`ve remembered that right Anyone know?
My other oldie, Toffee, same age as Bonnie had one a couple of yrs back but it just disappeared & funnily enough more or less in the same place
Christine
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-07-2005, 07:27 AM
Sounds like a cyst Christine, but I would get any lumps or bumps checked out by the vet, just to be on the safe side.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 07:46 AM
I too went through the lump business with my mongrel Barney, not sure how to link a thread but if you go to the top of the page and click on Search and type in Question on Tumours? a list of relevant advice will come up.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

14-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Thanks guys
S/B yep know I need to get it checked out but just dithering, need to clear my head first

Thanks K, I always forget about doing a search
Carole
Supervisor

14-07-2005, 09:06 AM
sounds like what Star has on her side It has not changed and I can move it around under her skin. The vet said it was a cyst. Always best to get it checked out though.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

14-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Thing is I can`t move it around, when I hold her skin it stays where it is inside
Going later, just trying to decide whether to take her or ask him to call in when he`s on his rounds.
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 10:20 AM
A friend of mine has a Cocker Spaniel dog who has a couple of these on his back, vet said a cyst. She phoned me a couple of nights ago to tell me one of them had come to a head and burst so can,t have been a cyst. Its fine now, though other one hasn,t come to a head yet. She has been told that the food he is on maybe is to rich and could be the cause so is trying him on a different brand.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

14-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Christine
Thing is I can`t move it around, when I hold her skin it stays where it is inside
Going later, just trying to decide whether to take her or ask him to call in when he`s on his rounds.
Sorry Christine, I wrongly assumed that you were able to move it about under the skin. If it seems to be attached to the body wall then definitely a vet opinion is called for.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 10:46 AM
let us know how you get on Christine it's very distressing not knowing but better to know the truth. I feel blessed to know now that Barney's was cancer the pain was unbearable but now am prepared for whatever is thrown at us.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

14-07-2005, 10:55 AM
It`s ok guys I know
Am taking her later this afternoon, might as well cos if its anything I`d have to take her anyway. She just hates it there
Thanks
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >