Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
We could have a little village hall where people could drop in during the day to say hello to everyone, much like the daily threads....

For some reason I can imagine this Dogsey village to only have one way in and once you were in, you couldn't get back out again - keep all us crazy lot together
I was gonna say, there'd be parties every night (like in the Daily thread)

A village full of well behaved dogs and dog addicts - sounds pretty cool to me
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

I don't know why but the word 'chaos' springs to mind... especially if Malka is let loose not to mention the magic bottle... *runs and hides*
Azz
Administrator
Male 

12-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrekin View Post
I don't know why but the word 'chaos' springs to mind... especially if Malka is let loose not to mention the magic bottle... *runs and hides*
I think you may be right - we'd probably be worse than 'Brits on Hols' - so much so that they'd probably make a TV series about us too
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Lovely Harvey, nice to see you are making the most of your newly found photo posting skills
Thanks, as you can see I still have a way to go on that front, but as they say 'practice makes perfect' (Couldn't get the size right last night )

It looks very picturesque Harvey tell your partner Wales is nice, and the weather's not quite as bad as you get there

Well that's three of us up for a Dogsey Village... anyone else?
You're right about the weather Azz, it snowed again last night so we're up for some serious digging when we go out Welsh Wales is enticing in times like this.

Yes, I'm up for moving to a Dogsey village and did you spot that Rightmove had an entire village for sale not so long ago, it was in Southern France, (No snow there ) with a shop and a big mansion on the outskirts of the village (That could be made for you Azz ) I can't remember the price but it seemed reasonable considering there were thirty dwellings and the mansion included
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 12:29 PM

Ok, that's Max out then
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 12:46 PM
That place is a dream, I was going to say WOW at the price too, No pets bah humbug
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 03:22 PM
We have an acre paddock, plus a huge garden, we are planning to plant lots of fruit trees around the edges of the paddock, and a lovely weeping willow in one corner of the garden. There are already established apple, pear and cherry trees in the garden plus silver birches in the paddock

We moved in at the wrong time of the year to get the outside space sorted, there was so much work to do on the bungalow that it had to take priority. But Clive and I are itching for the spring to arrive so we can get started.

We want to keep the majority of the land clear though so that the dogs can run around in it, hence only doing around the edges.

I am scared of birds so chickens are out of the question here, I would love pygmy goats but Clive says no...so I have to make do with 2 dogs and 2 cats
ozdog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-02-2013, 08:24 AM
If it has been for rent for a while, you could approach the agent and ask, if your animals only went into kitchen/utilties, (slate/tiles), were kept off wood/carpet and you paid extra bond, to cover prof cleaning on leaving, whether they would consider you.

If you are renting, they may not allow you to put in ponds, etc. If your population in town is crowded, and the paddock is securely fenced, you may be able to rent out the paddock, to people wanting private exercise for dogs that are timid, aggressive, or recovering from injury, for 5 pounds an hour, but some of that you will have to spend on insurance, and you have to allow a half hour between clients, so people don't come face to face with other people coming or leaving. Ideally, if you owned it, you could do secure 2 metre fencing and have a creek or pond, for summer fun.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 09:13 AM
What I wouldn't give for an acre of land off my garden

These days, it'd be Rosie's stomping ground, but when I ran outdoor training, I ran my classes on my 2/3 of an acre field. The front part was for agility, middle for the basic and good citz classes and the back for puppy training (extra small wire fencing to prevent any 'escape' accidents.

I loved it and so did my dogs because they had it all to themselves when I wasn't training.

Hubby loved it because he could tootle around on the ride on mower regularly to keep the grass in check.

I loved it because at the end of a busy day, I could just sit and enjoy it myself.

It was a 20 minute drive from the house, but had it been adjoined, it would have been absolutely perfect.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3