Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2021, 08:05 AM

Daily Thread,Tuesday, 16th March, 2021

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all in good health. Kelly hope things are better with you and Dakota.

Have a good day everyone and take care but above all stay safe and well. God Bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2021, 10:03 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Wet underfoot but not raining now has done through the night.
Bit of a scare this morning just before our walk, Dillon frantically searching for and eating grass he could find. Gave him a Windeze no change took him for a walk as that can sometimes make them burp or fart. No luck but he did poop.
Wanted to come straight home, tummy wasn't hard did feel ever so slightly larger than normal but hard to make a definite decision, so gave a Gaviscon, still no burps we were about to load him in the car and gt to the vet, but he all of a sudden decided to lie down on the sofa and is now sleeping.
Will be monitoring him very closely.
He has been home fed and with green tripe for a couple of weeks and this is the first incident like this since his op, he has had the odd bout of indigestion which has been easily resolved.
The funny thing is I decided to try him back on the air dried organic food he had been having back in September, he has only had it for his evening meal twice and today a big panic. Makes me wonder if this is the culprit so needless to say he will not be finishing he bag thank goodness it's only a small bag although very expensive.
He will continue with his home cooked or wet dog food.

griff hope Kota is calmer today.
Harvey never used a commercial flea or tick product on Ollie or Dillon always natural here same for worms.
I haven't always read good things about Seresto or Nexguard.

Keep safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2021, 12:12 PM
Oh gosh Lynn, hope Dillon will be o.k
Moyra, thanks for asking, except for running up and down the stairs things are o.k with Kota, her appointment is Monday so hopefully we will know next week if she needs surgery or not
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2021, 12:16 PM
Good afternoon Moya, Lynn and all who follow

Poor Dillon hope he is now feeling a lot better. As you say better safe than sorry so get rid of that bag

Kelly hope Kota is a quieter today. Good hat a neighbour I backing you up re next door I dont see why the solicitor thinks it is all your fault just because you complained about lack of replies. If all your neighbours got together and told it how it is, ie they have lived next/near your for x number of years and no problems, then I am sure anyone with sense would see who is at fault.

Raining when I got up so no walk yet. decided to go into town to the bank and then on to a garden centre. No can do - road closed no diversion signs you just follow your nose. So when I could turned round and came home. Barry wanted to go to another one but that has road works and major hold ups on the way so I think I will wait until next week!

Good news on the house Ben is selling looks like completion will be Friday so will have to go up Thursday evening and empty the cupboards that re left and take a meter reading.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-03-2021, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I haven't always read good things about Seresto or Nexguard.

Thanks Lynn, Alena has decided she won't be using it, fact is that Xena has never had fleas and very rare to see a tick on her. We'll just stick with Drontal for the worms.

Hope Dillon continues to sleep peacefully and no more panics.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2021, 01:04 PM
Thanks all he seems more settled and I gave him lunch early as he started to gulp again indicating indigestion. Gave him another windeze to.
He is in the cabin snoring and farting in equal measure Gorden has said and he hopes it will of stopped by the time he signs in for his next meeting.
Definitely think it's the air dried food you reconstitute he has been fine on tinned or home cooked.
Waste if money trying again but hey ho such is life. Never touch it again Lynn.
Good idea Harvey, I use garlic raw minced a few times a week into meals you can pop a spot of geranium oil on the neck for ticks or a mix of that and other essential oils mixed and sprayed onto the coat for fleas and ticks.
I use verm-x for worming.

Like here Sue so many road works going on all at the same time. Using up the budget so they don't get penalised for this years budget.
Great news on Ben's house.
Roill on Monday griff. I agree with Sue regards the neighbours.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2021, 01:47 PM
Awwww bless him Lynn, let's hope the wind stops or Gorden will be getting the blame lol
I know our nice neighbours will help anyway they can...they understandably didn't want to give a statement because they are concerned about reprisals, I don't know about the people at the end... likelihood is that they won't want to get involved as they are obviously the other side of the problem neighbours.... although they have never had an issue with us, we send a Christmas card each year, we sent a sympathy card when their father passed away and if we are having work done and the workmen will be on the driveway then we knock the door and check that it's o.k with them
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2021, 10:25 PM
Please all pray hard.....dad's car ( dogmobile) is going to be fixed Tomorrow...please pray it's done for Friday so I don't have to hire a car for Monday
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2021, 11:07 PM
Our main road into town (Roman Bank) has been closed since last October for resurfacing. It was supposed to be finished in May. Now it has been delayed because a gas main needs moving so it won't be completed until September. It's going to be absolute chaos when the tourists start to arrive.

Hope the car is fixed in time, Kelly. Everything firmly crossed.

Poor Gary, it's his birthday tomorrow. We always make a fuss and family come over. We have a special lunch and spend the day. Tomorrow, no visit. No cafe or restaurant and to top it all the only card he looks like he'll get is from me and his dad. We have two posties out with the virus and the rest are having to self isolate. It's going to be a very, very different birthday for him tomorrow