Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2005, 08:46 AM

Just a thought!

I was wondering whether I should try connecting Broadband to my laptop as it won't connect to the main computer that we want it to do - or will this mess up my laptop, or can't it be done because my laptop hasn't been connected to the internet at all yet

I really just want to see if it is the main computer that has a fault on the USB ports or something or whether it is the broadband connection that is not working. We only have dial-up for a couple of weeks and then they cut us off and put us on broadband so if we haven't sorted it for then, then looks like dogweb will be no more for me
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-08-2005, 08:55 AM
you feed me put me up i buy a cheap ticket try and find somebody who knows what they are doing itīs not a big problem really you can connect to your laptop just the same wonīt mess anything up.you can pm me anytme Foxy
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Fred
you feed me put me up i buy a cheap ticket try and find somebody who knows what they are doing itīs not a big problem really you can connect to your laptop just the same wonīt mess anything up.you can pm me anytme Foxy

Thanks Fred - although could you put up with all those horses galloping round the garden all night

I will probably try connecting to the laptop then later and then we will know if its this pc or not (which I think it is - I think those horses have been eating the insides away )

Anyway with all the delicious things you cook, I think you can do the cooking - you are better at it than me
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Hiya Foxy

When i plugged the BB cable modem into this new laptop-a box came up in system tray saying 'windows has detected new hardware' and it was automatically up and running!

Have a go and see.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Steve
Hiya Foxy

When i plugged the BB cable modem into this new laptop-a box came up in system tray saying 'windows has detected new hardware' and it was automatically up and running!

Have a go and see.
it might work on the laptop proberly all those horses messed it up
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
it might work on the laptop proberly all those horses messed it up
I could do with some manure for my garden-can ya help Foxy...
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Well here I am finally on broadband with my laptop. We took the tower in PC World today to have some new usb ports fitted but the man in the repair shop reckoned it wasn't the port that was the problem if my camera was ok in it (which it was) So we have connected the laptop but it appears to be the place where the phone plugs into the wall that is the problem
it won't let us plug the phone line and modem line in at the same time so I still won't be able to receive calls whilst on broadband. It will only work if the connection to broadband is plugged straight into the wall for some strange reason.

We are now going to try and connect it to the main computer again although we still won't be able to use the phone

Anybody else ever had this problem, it looks like the connecter to the phone is at fault but don't know why because it worked fine on dial-up.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
I could do with some manure for my garden-can ya help Foxy...
LOL @ Steve

Yes with 26 Trojan horses I think we might be able to sort some manure out for you Steve