View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 12:11 PM

I get so damn well furious when I hear about IDIOTS like these who have dogs, and the complete d***heads who give the dogs away for nothing !!! Fancy giving a dog away to people who have 4 children under 5 ! It should be the mother that gets spayed ! Whats the bet that because he thinks the dog is worth a lot of money that he'll breed with it ?

Inca I really feel for you having to put up with idiotic neighbours like this, it cant be nice not being able to put the dogs out in the garden, I know my two wouldnt care but it's still not nice all the same, they should be able to go out in their own garden without being growled at !!

Best of luck and hope you have a reasonable summer !

Willow x
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Am I missing something here... Why should the neighbours be forced to keep their dog inside?

Graeme
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 02:04 PM
inca i feel for you hun,, we have a gsd about 4 doors down who barks all day its so frustrating

hope it doesnt ruin your summer,,, dibley i have 2 young kids only 16 months apart but i have no intentions of bringing them up to be yobs

kimberley x x
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Willow

Fancy giving a dog away to people who have 4 children under 5 ! It should be the mother that gets spayed ! Willow x
willow some people choose to have their children closer together, like me, i wouldnt like to think people said nasty things about me just because my kids where all young,, its the way you bring them up that matters surely
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Inca I know how you feel. I had a run in with my neighbour to the right last week who has a Staffy x. Usually we dont have any trouble but after 4 nights of her dog barking and whinning in the small hours we realised she had gone on holiday with her OH and kids leaving the dog locked in the house for a whole week.. Her FIL was coming round twice a day to let the dog into the garden and to feed the dog, he stayed with the dog each day for all of 10 minutes each time. The poor thing is only 9 months old.

Now the laughable thing is that my neighbour to the left is suppose to be "the scum of the earth" according to my neighbour on the right, but she is so kind and considerate and has a EBT called Jake, now if her dog and mine are in the gardens at the same time and Max or Jake start growling at each other (both unneutered males!!) she is the first to take her dog in if I dont.
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Nemosmummy: two children within sixteen months I take my hat off to you believe me I know how hard one is. I am certainly not suggesting they would become yobs either.

My comment was not meant as a generalised comment I am refering to the facts of the case in matter (Inca's). From what Inca has told us the children are not under control therefore these people and these people alone In my opinion should not have had so many of them let alone be adding a dog to the equation.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 03:58 PM
agree that anyone who has youngsters close has to work really hard .....I DID IT ...and it was hard work

BUT these are really unruly kids and its a shame cos they don't know any different
I really think the dog will end up being rehomed when they realise there is work involved
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2005, 03:58 PM
i wouldn't keep mine in if they are going to live next door they have got to get on or your life will be hell.
if theres a problem with the dogs then it needs to be addressed.
inca the only thing you can do is watch and wait if they are like this its only a matter of time before the dog goes i can't see them being able to cope with a dog as well.
just do what you can to help you in the mean time.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Sorry to hear about this current situation Inca, but bear in mind there are a number of new laws out now regarding noise nuisance and neighbour nuisances, all you have to do is contact your local Environmental Health Officer. It would be a good idea for you to keep a log of everything untowards that goes on, which will all help for the future should (God forbid) anything serious happen. They will tell you to do this in the first instance anyway before they are prepared to send them a letter or slap a nuisance abatement notice on them. Believe me I know all about this having lived next door to a family (both schoolteachers I might add!) who had four boys creating havoc inside and out, allowed to get away with anything, bouncing the football against our dividing wall (semi-bungalow we are in), erecting skate board ramps in the front garden, constant banging and crashing around, slamming doors so my whole house shook, skateboarding outside the front of the house at 1.30 am.full size drum kit indoors, electric guitar, you name it, anything that was noisy they had it, and when they got fed up with those things, they would start banging on big oil drums out in the back garden, so much so that during the whole summer we had to keep our french doors shut most of the time. All of the animals escaped, mostly into our garden, we have had chickens, hamsters, rabbits, everything. We erected a 6ft. fence around the whole of our properly front and back to stop that though, but my main concern was their total lack of interest in any of these pets and they didn't even notice when they went missing! Fortunately for us, they moved out last year, so we held a massive party, and now have a wonderful 50yr. old woman on her own who is a nurse and what a difference this has made to our whole life I can tell you. I eventually phoned the environmental health department when I couldn't take any more and as soon as they got a letter from them things would quieten down, but only for a couple of weeks.

I know exactly what you are going through, the only difference is the new dog yours have adopted, so I dread to think what's going to happen on that one if they're anything like my old neighbours.

Your dogs should soon get used to this other dog next door and vice versa, so hopefully things will quieten down on that front, but as for the dog's welfare I dread to think about it.
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Dibley
Nemosmummy: two children within sixteen months I take my hat off to you believe me I know how hard one is. I am certainly not suggesting they would become yobs either.

My comment was not meant as a generalised comment I am refering to the facts of the case in matter (Inca's). From what Inca has told us the children are not under control therefore these people and these people alone In my opinion should not have had so many of them let alone be adding a dog to the equation.
thanx dibley,, just didnt want ya thinking that im some baby making machine i didnt mean to have 2 kids so close together im just of these people who falls far too easily

yes it is very hard work and some days i think i should just pack up and run away but i love my babies and believe me they will NOT be unruly or yobs,, i for one will make sure of that
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >