Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dmk611
New Member!
Female 

05-07-2013, 03:00 PM

Carpal pad injury

My beagle/ boxer mix has been limping and favoring her left front paw the carpal pad is swollen when I look at it there is a small dark spot in the middle of it . This has been since last sat. She walks and some times runs but tends to lay down more to keep weight off it. She doesn't whimper or cry. No blod. What can I do for her?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear this. I had to google 'carpal pad' to find out where it was - that little one behind the others.

The only thing I can suggest is what I'd do. Take her to the vet for them to have a look.

Could the spot in the middle be from a thorn or something?

Without checking I think it would probably be against the rules to use your email address for your username. It is on a lot of discussion forums.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Hello there, and I too would take her to the vet to have it looked at. There may be something embedded in there, in which case it will have to be encourage to come out.

In the meantime, you could try standing her leg in a jug of very warm salt water (one teaspoon salt to a pint boiled water) for several minutes every few hours. This will soften the skin around the foreign body - if this is what it is - and might even help to draw it out.

Vet is a definite though, as it is so painful