View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Malka I feel exhausted and so sad just reading about Pereg's latest episodes.
How you cope heaven knows xhugsx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Can't offer any advice, but maga cyber{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} to you & gentle licks & cuddles to Pegeg from the furkids
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 05:39 PM
I am so sorry to hear that she has had yet another fit . It must be devastating for you to see her in full seizure knowing there is little you can do. Thanks goodness she (and you) will now have 36 hours of peace from those bludy workmen. ((hugs)) to you both.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks for your good thoughts everyone. Believe me they are very much appreciated and do not make me feel so alone.

Linda - you know only too well what it is like - that crashing sound as they go down. She must have - luckily for her - hit her head on the fridge door on the way down and not straight on the stone floor, as there was that horrid thick sticky froth/foam half way up the fridge door, and of course pee everywhere. Luckily no poo or expressed anal glands this time though, and fridge doors can be wiped and stone floors mopped...

Deaf as I am in my right ear, and the kitchen is down the tiny passageway from here on that side, I still heard that crash. And knew exactly what it was. There is nothing to compare it with, is there.

Zoe - it is not just the noise but the vibrations that the huge dozers caused when they ripped up first the pavement and then the curbstones. And of course the workmen had to shout at each other over the noise of all the machinery. Trying to block Pereg's ears would be as useless as me removing my hearing aids.

Plus of course she could see them unless not only was the door closed but the trissim also closed, which would have left me in the dark, and putting lights on during the day is not my idea of fun, and Pereg would be frantic to get out if closed in like that.

Short of keeping Pereg tranquilised all the time, which is, of course, a no-no, there is very little I can do.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Just hoping it has stayed at just the one seiz and that you are both fine.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 06:15 PM
So sorry to hear this, I do feel for you. Love & Hugs.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 06:15 PM
I am so sorry to be reading this Malka. It must be truly awful for you especially with your own health the way it is.
There certainly can be no doubt of your dedication to your beloved Pereg, she is so lucky to have you. (((hugs))) to you and gentle hugs to Pereg too. Lily sends kisses.xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Pereg settled far quicker than usual, probably because of what is quite a high dose of diazepam for a small-ish dog given to her as soon as I did, instead of waiting to see how bad she would be post-ictal. Whether she will start again after the diazepam wears off I guess I will just have to wait and see, but she has had her evening meal of a large frozen chicken carcass - no problems swallowing and I think that she has hardly been coughing the last few hours.

She has such violent seizures though and I worry about how much each one must effect her. The only thing I am grateful for is the fact that of course she has no idea what is happening at the time, and no knowledge of what has happened afterwards. And the love I get from her far outweighs the problems her seizures cause me.

If I had the choice between a non-epileptic but non-loving and non-affectionate Pereg, and my beloved loving and affectionate epi Pereg, I reckon you all know which Pereg I would choose. Because much as I hate this epilepsy and what it could be doing to my beloved girl, the simple fact is that I love her and I get her love in return.

And if anyone tells me that dogs do not love - that they just look on their owners as food and shelter providers, they only have to look into my Pereg's beautiful eyes when she looks at me to see how very wrong they are.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Sorry to hear Pereg has been poorly Malka - I thought she was doing so good on the PB too.

One thing I did notice is that sometimes they can spit the tablets out, especially once they work out how

Hope she gets well soon, and that you're coping ok as well.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Many and big, big hugs for both you and Pereg.

I don't know how you cope Malka, but cope you do and I'm sure the lovely and loving girl thanks you for it and loves you as much as you love her xxxxxxx
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »