Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2024, 07:00 AM

Good Friday 29th March 2024

Morning all. Happy Good Friday to you all. Hope you had a good evening yesterday unlike me down here in very windy wet Lancing. Oh boy did it blow and rain and the tv signal was dire. This morning suns up but still a bit blowy out there. Hope you all have a good day today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2024, 10:24 AM
Good morning Brenda and a Happy Easter to everyone

Hope you manage to get a lovely walk today

Sunny here bt very windy. Teazle walked ad have planted out another budialia . I wanted something different but hunting round the Internet for information not suitable for an east facing fence so Barry gets his way and has another one. I have also made a chicken pasta bake and now having a quick coffe before the housework. Last night was awful for driving with heavy rain and high winds but everyone delivered home safe which is the main thing. Hopefully a restful weekend

Take care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2024, 11:27 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
It was sunny earlier but windy, now overcast and a few drops of the wet stuff every now and then, not enough to bring the washing in yet.

We had a lovely chat with the lady that works in the company who will hopefully be putting up our extension, she is so helpful and cheerful and has put our minds at rest after an hour plus asking questions.

Just had my Ocado delivered and it is now put away we are doing a bit of tidying here and there in the garden other than that not a lot planned as usual do whatever takes our fancy.

brenda I hope you get a dry not to windy walk.
Sue glad you got home safely after delivering everyone safely.
Enjoy a more peaceful day.
griff I hope things are good for you.
Likewise Chris and Kazz.

Oh yes Happy Easter everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2024, 03:19 PM
Happy Easter all

Been out for breakfast and then had a nice walk, popped into Sainsburys then the farm shop not picked up a lot but sufficent. LOL I tend not to do a big shop. I do a bulk shop run once amonth or 6 weeks and buy weekly or twce weekly works well for me being just me here.

I had a plan to clean the car but must of loaned my exstension cable out to someone just got to recall whom. So tomorrow or Sunday car clean it does need it. Have nothing arranged for this weekend and will enjoy the freedom.

Brenda glad you managed to keep your receptoin, have you seen your neighbour and did they get any joy off the builders?

Sue The Bud Bush will do fine. So are you off childcare duty now for this week?

Lynn Sounds like you have landed well with the builders always nice to get on and feel the trust. When are you out in your caravan? at breakfast this morning Jo said her sister and brother in law brought a campervan 18 mnths ago and have just sold it as they have not used it anywhere near as often as they thought they were going to. Yet Jo and her hubby are always away in theirs in fact off this weekend.

Chris Hope all is good for you.

Griff Easter could bring the NutterS out round by you so "get some garlic" LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2024, 05:53 PM
Sounds like a nice day Kazz.
Until the transfer box is sorted on my car the caravan cannot go anywhere.
My car is the towing car, Gorden's is powerful enough to pull it but it really doesn't like it and its not a 4x4 like mine.
The car goes to the mechanic on the 9th of April he will do a definite diagnosis and ring the warranty people to see if the part is covered.
If not it will depend on the cost of the part if it gets fixed or we have to wait to fix it.

We will probably be selling it after having a few holidays away this year when the car is fixed. The Sportage is not cheap to insure or tax so if no caravan we can buy a cheaper to run and tax 2nd car.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2024, 06:01 PM
Lynn I think its a lifestyle my brother and sister in law looked into a caravan last year but he said they would need to upgrade the car or get a 2nd which would not be mostly siting there plus my sister in law does not drive which added massively to the cost.

They choose now where they go and mosly it AirBB places it seems for them or if abroad hotel or BB/small family run gite they like very much.

Yet as I say my friend Jo and her hubby are away more than they are home.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2024, 08:35 PM
We do enjoy it but not sure the cost of storage which to be honest is reasonable and the type of car we need makes it expensive for the amount of use we get out of it.
If we keep getting the rain and winds its not pleasant to tow, not that I tow it.

We need a second car incase like now one is off the road so we can still get to Mark and Lauren for sitting Freya when needed or if we do go down the route of another dog its good if one of us is out to have a car on the drive if needed.

I must admit now I'm getting older I prefer to drive somewhere and be in a cottage or static caravan.
The hitching up and all the faff before you can leave I find bothersome.
Putting up and taking down the awning which you need if you have a large dog with you is also hard work.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2024, 08:38 PM
Thats what my sister in law said she said she tolerated it and sometimes enjoyed it when the children were small ands the weather not trying to blow them off the planet but now she liked four walls and a roof reasonably solid
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2024, 08:57 PM
My sentiments to Kazz.