View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Gates can shove VISTA where the sun don't shine.
I tried to load sotware for my sony digital camera, the software is not compatible even with XP, so I went to sony on-line, I got a sony update for XP, but there's no way it'll work with VISTA according to their graphs.

So beware, potential VISTA buyers, some of your devices won't work. :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I don't think it will be anything like ME. For a start almost all new PCs are coming with Vista pre-installed now and not XP
Despite it being shipped with most PCs, a great many businesses are asking for it to be removed, and XP put back on.

The head of Acer, the fourth largest PC manufacturer in the world, recently said the following:

the "entire industry" was disappointed by Windows Vista .
Full Story

By any stretch of the imagination, Vista has just failed to deliver. Further, I squarely blame Microsoft for this. Before we were even expected to purchase it, we all knew that what we were getting was a shell of what was originally promised by the MS team. I've never known such a dull response to a Microsoft OS release. I remember the climb from 3.1 to 95, I remember the release of Windows 2000, and I remember the release of XP. Each of them had a real excitement surrounding the release. Vista? I just didn't see it, despite MS's efforts to pretend otherwise.

I hope that whatever they release next time, they will learn to curb their PR and marketing team from shouting up front. That is, in my view, what killed Vista before it even hot the shelves. People saw feature after feature being cut, and it just felt like we were paying for a slinky new GUI. I think MS needs to realise that the market is maturing and a sexy GUI is no longer enough to part the masses with their money.

On a side note, do you know, of all the developers I talk to daily, and friends from the computer industry, not one, repeat, not one, is using Vista. Unless they are and won't own-up to it. Either scenario speaks volumes.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-07-2007, 11:33 AM
It's always the same with new OS's from MS.

I've been building PC's for 16yrs, looking back, you had win95, then shortly after, win 98, then win98se.
All improvements on the original win95.
As you can see, MS never gets it right first time.

Never buy a new OS from MS until it's been on the market for at least two years.

All the upgrades in the win95 series were more cash in the bank for MS.
I think they have a cunning plan when they launch a new OS, push the big sell, let the punters moan about the probs, then offer an upgrade at X amount of £'s, a year or two later.

No wonder gates is the richest man on the planet.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3