Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Unpleasent experiences

I went to Hockley woods at the weekend and im not sure if its something in the water but wow I have never been surounded by so many aggressive dogs in all my life!!

after our walk through the woods we went and sat outside at the Bull pub and in corner 1 wa a yellow lab clearly desperately trying assert his authority and im quite pleased he was on a lead he seemed to be barking at anything that moved I couldnt see exactly what his problem was but his owners would shout at him every now and then trying to tell him to shut up.

In corner 2 were three shih tzus and were yapping at the top of their lungs again they just seemed to be barking at all the kids running around and their owners didnt seem to care.

Then these two bichon frise and a golden cocker sat behind us and as soon as the owners sat down the cocker went for its K9 companions under table for an attack.

I felt like telling the owners of the labradore off because every time Millie went lie down and relax she shot back up again the minute this crazy thing started barking again at the top of its lungs -.-

The GSD and the beagle though I could see were being as good as gold and so was Millie I managed to get her to take her mind off the labradore by doing a little training while waited for our chips (took 20 minutes and the labradore was still barking none stop in all that time -.-)

She seemed a little anxious but it was more the fact that mum had gone to get the chips and she was waiting for her return then the other dogs bothering her.

Ever had experiences like this in social places???
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Aggressive or noisy/hyper/rubbish at settling?
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 03:20 PM
How do you know these dogs were aggressive?!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 03:25 PM
I wouldn't necessarily assume the dogs were aggressive. Dogs bark for a number of reasons -- lack of confidence, frustration, over excitement, etc. A number of strange dogs on leads in a pub garden could certainly equal barking for any of those reasons.

That said, I totally agree with you that it is anti social to let dogs bark repeatedly in a public place where others are trying to have a quiet drink/meal. It isn't fair on anyone else.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 04:34 PM
I think the labradore was just anxious maybe hadnt been to a busy place before but the cocker definately was (it lunged for its companion under the bench and snapped at anything that went passed it and the other three were just yapping at everything that moved passed them