View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shanesnoop
New Member!
Male 

10-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Update , we said our last goodbyes to snoop my best friend today it seems so unreal i feel scared/upset confused , not sure how to cope with this my best for almost 14 years .. my god im a mess
PetsAreFamily
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2016, 10:15 PM
You need time to grieve for your dear friend and companion. Give yourself time to accept it all and allow yourself to feel the loss. You will eventually remember all the good times you had with Snoop and enjoy the memories. Wish there was something else that would make you feel better, but we all know the pain you are going through and not much helps except time.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Shane - came in late on this thread, but we are all with you in thought. What a dreadful time for you, but little Snoop is at peace now. I always say that once a dog refuses to eat, then you know what the right thing to do is, and you have to something that tears you apart.

You must be in bits now, but just remember we are all thinking of you - we have all been through this many times as sadly as our friends are with us for such a short time - it never gets easier, but one thing I can categorically assure you of is that one day when the time is right you will have another dog, it won't be Shane of course, but you will love him or her just as much. Time is the great healer, to trip out an old chestnut!

Best love and hugs x gnasher and Ben x
shanesnoop
New Member!
Male 

12-06-2016, 01:06 AM
Thanks all , nice that there is so much support .. i just cant stop crying i love him so much his eyes were always glowing when i came home and i came home today and it was empty nobody to greet me o man i miss my best friend
lorniec
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-06-2016, 02:16 PM
The horrible thing is because you love them so much it hurts when they aren't there- But you gave him many happy years and that will make you smile eventually. It would be much sadder if you hadn't had the privilege of Snoop's company all that time.
We really do know how you feel.
shanesnoop
New Member!
Male 

13-06-2016, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by lorniec View Post
The horrible thing is because you love them so much it hurts when they aren't there- But you gave him many happy years and that will make you smile eventually. It would be much sadder if you hadn't had the privilege of Snoop's company all that time.
We really do know how you feel.
I just got home from hospital , was not well with the loss .. i just miss him so much god why did he die on me i just miss having him around and cuddling him and taking him for walks now the house is empty blah
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2016, 08:08 AM
I am so sorry to hear about little Snoop. It is the hardest part of sharing our lives with dogs. I lost my 14 year old GSD at the end of October and I still miss her very much. It helps to remember what a good life we shared and all the things we enjoyed together.

Try to remember all the good times you had with Snoop and how much he was loved. He is one of the lucky ones.

It isn't an easy time, but you must allow yourself time to grieve and feel sorrow. It is all part of the healing process. There are people you can also speak to about pet loss, people who understand what you are going through.

I have added some links below which may help.

http://www.pet-loss.net/resources/Canada.shtml

http://petlosscanada.com/

http://www.smilingblueskies.com/supp..._grieving.html
shanesnoop
New Member!
Male 

15-06-2016, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I am so sorry to hear about little Snoop. It is the hardest part of sharing our lives with dogs. I lost my 14 year old GSD at the end of October and I still miss her very much. It helps to remember what a good life we shared and all the things we enjoyed together.

Try to remember all the good times you had with Snoop and how much he was loved. He is one of the lucky ones.

It isn't an easy time, but you must allow yourself time to grieve and feel sorrow. It is all part of the healing process. There are people you can also speak to about pet loss, people who understand what you are going through.

I have added some links below which may help.

http://www.pet-loss.net/resources/Canada.shtml

http://petlosscanada.com/

http://www.smilingblueskies.com/supp..._grieving.html

Thank you so much for this , its been rough the past few days and it seems like its not getting any better but thankfully work is working with me and is understanding in taking a few weeks off to grief and get back on my feet .
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by shanesnoop View Post
I just got home from hospital , was not well with the loss .. i just miss him so much god why did he die on me i just miss having him around and cuddling him and taking him for walks now the house is empty blah
It is the massive price we have to pay for having the privilege of living, loving and being responsible for these wonderful symbotic mammals. We are so so lucky, thanks to our ancestors, to have this amazing bond with these amazing canids we call dogs. Which is why a true true dog lover can pick up the baton and move on, to another unique and wonderful relationship with another beautiful dog. We have the privilege of owning these beautifiul animals for such a short time, we have to be able to move on ... as i have done ... each time we lose our beloved dog and let another star shine in our universe. It is terribly hard but we owe it to all our previous beloved's ... call me weird but this is how i feel
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2016, 05:08 PM
That is beautiful Gnasher.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >