View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 04:23 PM

Whats the best thing you bought for your dog?

Hi All,

Just wondered what everyone thought was the best things they bought, whether thats a training aid (such as a harness, headcollar, clicker, book...) a certain toy, certain bed, lead, whatever really....?

So many dog owners 'in one place' thought it would be interesting to see..

So what do you think has been your 'lifesaver' purchase and what does your dog think the best thing you bought was (I realise these may well be two different things )
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Oh, suppose the best thing I've bought, is the orbi ball on a rope, because it has sooooo many uses (sounds strange I know, let me explain ) Zena is very, very ball orientated, it's been my trump card with all her training, and soooo many balls have fallen down soooo many rabbit holes during her puppyhood, coz it was the fun thing to do. Then I heard about these small, hard rubber balls choking dogs when they caught them in the air, being so heavy and slimy with slobber, so I bought the large heavy ones on a rope. They were so big and heavy for her to carry let alone for me to throw, so I invested in the small, light Orbi on a rope.

It's very light for her to carry over long distances in her gob for one thing, it can't slip down her throat because of the thick rope all around it, and the pieces of rubber attached to it all around, make it very grippy for her. It doesn't bounce much when chucked, or roll, so it's easy for her to grab without skidding off and cutting her carpal pads like she did with the other balls, so many times too!

It's main bonus for me, is when I see another dog approaching, I just call her to me, I grab the rope and we can walk past said dog without ever having to put a lead on her coz she would never, ever let go of it! Plus the other dog can't grab it and run off with it,coz I've got hold of the rope!

All in all, I'd say this is my best all round purchase ever, so I've invested in another 2 just in case we lose this one, but so far, so good!

Blimey, they ought to have me working on their sales team hadn't they with that write up lol!
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2010, 04:45 PM
For me the best purchase I ever made for Muffin was buying my second dog Totts. They have helped each other so much.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Aw thats so sweet - please tell us more?

H - check you with the sales pitch LOL I might have to google that toy
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 04:48 PM
A treat ball that makes a noise, it was a brilliant distraction from fireworks the first year my dog was here and has remained a firm favourite(at least got something right )
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Only had it a short while but I love my Julius K9 IDC harness

My pup really likes it, it;s easy to get on, really secure and easy to grab him by the handle when needed, it's hi viz as well
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Probably Tuffies dog beds....the only beds my dogs have yet to destroy! and they have been through MANY other dog beds.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks all, Those harnesses look good - those are the ones that you can personalise?

I think I looked at them before but couldnt find prices - maybe you have to measure etc to get a price ? (or I didnt look very well lol)

Labradork - thats cause they are made in Scotland lol haha
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Hmm...If I have to choose then it would be his Kong. Toby would probably choose his Kong Air Tennis Balls (which are also rather good!

More 'boring' things I'm glad I bought are his ruffwear collar and his flashing harness lights!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Probably Tuffies dog beds....the only beds my dogs have yet to destroy! and they have been through MANY other dog beds.
I think Your Dogs had a Really Tuffie dog bed challenge thing?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »