Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 05:26 PM

Rude dog walkers

And yes, I mean the owners...

Its half term so the world and his wife were out this afternoon I normally say 'hi' or 'morning/afternoon' when we pass another dog walker. I think that is pretty standard for most people? But recently, I have noticed more rude people that BLANK me completely. This afternoon, I was blanked twice...both men, both refused to acknowledge or even look at me! I really don't get this mentality - why is it so hard to say 'hello' back?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
And yes, I mean the owners...

Its half term so the world and his wife were out this afternoon I normally say 'hi' or 'morning/afternoon' when we pass another dog walker. I think that is pretty standard for most people? But recently, I have noticed more rude people that BLANK me completely. This afternoon, I was blanked twice...both men, both refused to acknowledge or even look at me! I really don't get this mentality - why is it so hard to say 'hello' back?
Sign of the times hun, it is getting more prevelant now. People just dont seem to have the manners they used to
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 05:30 PM
I have had people do that to me too , it kind of spoils your walk doesn't it

But what about when you stand in to the side with all your dogs to let a jogger go past and they don't say thanks or even nod
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 05:37 PM
I have had people do that to me too , it kind of spoils your walk doesn't it
It does. I hate that kind of necessary rudeness.

But what about when you stand in to the side with all your dogs to let a jogger go past and they don't say thanks or even nod
Don't even get me started!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Don't let them ruin your walks. I always say 'hello' or 'morning' or whatever. If they blank me (which many people do these days) I just say 'yeah, nothing like a nice walk to lift the mood' and keep walking. It cheers me up!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 05:56 PM
I always say hello to people and most of the peeps around here are very friendly (so much so in fact you usually don't get away with just a "Hi", it ends up with a full scale conversation most of the time!! LOL )

The other day though, I smiled & said Hello to a guy and he ignored me, I repeated it a little louder and he still did (looked at me but never spoke) - so I just said "charming! nice to meet you too!!"
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't really see anyone on my walks, but when I lived in a more populated area, I would force people to say hello! If they tried to walk by and blank me, I would put on my biggest, cheesiest smile and say "hello" in a really loud voice. It usually embarrassed them into responding
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 06:08 PM
I think some people are just miserable and probably enjoy being miserable as well.

Some time ago I was walking down a road when a cyclist came along from the opposite direction. It was quite a narrow country lane so I moved Max well onto the verge as he passed and said 'Hello' to him. He completely blanked me. Me being me, without thinking, looked at Max and said 'ignorant git' and carried on. Round the bend came another cyclist, presumably his OH as they were wearing his and hers type jackets, as she went past me she cheerily said 'Good Morning' and I said 'Hello' back to her and carried on a little embarrassed. I could imagine the conversation later - Her: 'Did you see that nice lady with the big dog?' Him:'What the one who called me an ignorant git?'
Doofuz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2008, 06:30 PM
I always used to say hello to people at the dog park, usually got a response back, but if they didn't answer, I would just say 'charming' and cheerily go on my way. Made me feel better
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 07:05 PM
i know just what you mean , most people with dogs ,like you say .just smile and say hello ,but there are ,with out a doubt lots of ignorant people out there . really very rude , so if i say it, one day .and they dont ansew me , ill never speak to them again ,they had there chance lol there loss no mine ) (i know im a hard woman lol )
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »