Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
samanthac
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2008, 10:48 AM

i have been fooled!!

wel i have come to the conclusion that I have been fooled! I pay out £100 for a stud dog to my bitch, left her over night the breeder then tells me that she had slip matings but no tie! a week or so after this had happened i got a text saying she wanted to sell her 2 rotti bitches, i wanted the oldest and after a long discussion with my partner he said yes by this time the two year old had gone! so i settled for the 12 month old, my bitch is 19 months! the two are like fire when they get together!
the 12 month old acts like shes never been fed every time i feed her, they fight all the time and neither bitch backs down!
the lady who we bought her from told us any probs and she would have her straight back, although i told her the day after it wasn't going to work she said shw wouldn't have her abck and she had spent the money!
i am now stuck with the 12 month old who dont get on with my bitch! and i have no idea if my bitch was actually mated or not!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Blmey that's not much for a stud fee!
Your best bet is to rehome the new young bitch, even if your bitch is pregnant the stress of all the fighting may have a detrimental effect on your bitch, her unborn pups and if the litter is born then there will be issues there.
I suggest you contact one of the Rottweiler rescues in your area (I'm sure the Rottie owners on here will have that kind of info) and discuss your situation with them. Be warned though, there are many many Rotties in rescue because of recent events and you may find it very hard to get her a good responsible home.
Becky
vickinicks
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Got there before me!!!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 11:19 AM
I was paying more than that 10 years ago for PRT Stud!
Becky
samanthac
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2008, 11:19 AM
thats what worries me as she is such a lovely dog on her own its when they get together, i have two young children who my own rotti is brilliant with but i wont even let them in the room when both dogs are out together all toys and chews have had to be taken away because they are fighting over fresh air!
samanthac
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2008, 11:22 AM
i feel i have been fooled, this is my first time breeding my bitch and the studs owner who i thought was a friend obviously not!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Your best bet is to rehome the new young bitch, even if your bitch is pregnant the stress of all the fighting may have a detrimental effect on your bitch, her unborn pups and if the litter is born then there will be issues there.
I suggest you contact one of the Rottweiler rescues in your area (I'm sure the Rottie owners on here will have that kind of info) and discuss your situation with them. Be warned though, there are many many Rotties in rescue because of recent events and you may find it very hard to get her a good responsible home.
Becky
Thats what I wanted to say, but Mahooli has done so far more eloquently than I can
Originally Posted by samanthac View Post
thats what worries me as she is such a lovely dog on her own its when they get together, i have two young children who my own rotti is brilliant with but i wont even let them in the room when both dogs are out together all toys and chews have had to be taken away because they are fighting over fresh air!
Blimey, you have got to do something.
You must be feeling so angry. I hope you get sorted soon.
samanthac
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2008, 11:30 AM
i do i feel so let down, how she had told me i coud take her back, when they start fighting i honestly feel scared in my own home, as they are two big powerful dogs!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 11:35 AM
You really need to get onto Rottie rescue as soon as possible. I personally wouldn't give her back to her original owner as who knows what will happen.
Becky
samanthac
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2008, 11:44 AM
thats the thing her original owner probably knows what she was like before we bought her, because she wont have her back!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >