View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 10:17 AM
There is no time limit on grief. You will be able to bear it, in time. Big hugs. x
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2010, 11:06 AM
I am so sorry to hear for your loss. It is heartbreaking when they move on isnt it!

All that you describe, your need to write, your need to be heard, your beating yourself up for not "moving on", your need to have her smell still around, and everything else you say is part of a normal and natural grieving process.

It would be abnormal if you just packed up her stuff and forgot all about her.

Grief tends to come in "waves", one minute you think you are doing loads better and the next, your in bits and sometimes this can lead us to get confused about why we are so up and down. Up and down is normal, Up and down though it may feel bad, is right and good an healthy.

I wish you well with your grieving and with the loving memories of your beloved girl. She must have been very special to cause so much grief. Run free sweet girl. love Denise xxx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi - agree with all previous comments. If writing on Dogsey helps then you write away. I lost my beloved border collie at the begining of November and want to make up a special album and memory box but can't do it yet - much too raw. I am lucky in that I have two other very special dogs which really helps but if you want to get another dog sooner rather than later don't feel guilty, you will be giving it a lovely home and although he/she will never obviously replace your westie it will bring you a lot of joy I am sure.
xx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by anna0000 View Post
Sorry I hope this is the right place to put this, I just need to write this, am I going mad, but I still have my dogs bed and the blanket she slept on, I can't even wash it.( incase you didn't see, I had to have her put to sleep a few weeks ago) I don't want to get rid of her smell, but then I suppose it's also making me unhappy because then I feel like she's still there. I'm having bit of a bad day today, I stupidly looked at some pictures of westies, and one looked just like her. I can't really look at fotos of her yet either, but then I don't want to forget what she looked like. I still miss her so much, but don't want to keep going on about it here. Sorry for saying all that, but I need keep writing about her and my feelings.

I know how you're feeling, I lost my old boy 18 months ago, and I still miss him everyday....Not a day goes by that I don't think of him.

I take a bit of comfort in the fact that he's no longer in pain........

Thinking of you x
anna0000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Thankyou very much for all your replies, I'm sorry I can't reply to you individually but I've read and will re-read them all again. Some made me cry some made me smile, but the fact of people knowing what I'm feeling is helpful.I'm not really a person who talks alot but for some reason I feel like I could write forever about my dog and how I'm feeling. I haven't really looked at any fotos of her, but saw one on the wall today, it just all comes back, that I'm missing her so much. Everything you all said is so true and only dog lovers would know what it feels like. Thankyou again.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 10:54 PM
I lost my beloved boy at the end of October so I know how you feel I miss him so much. My mum got another dog to keep my pup company, and I had my Collie girl who basically raised my lad but it's not the same they aren't him, he was my very special boy, and I try to love my pup as much as I did him but I just can't.
I have pictures of him all around my room, and his ashes and collar next to my bed and I pretty much cry myself to sleep every night, just when I think I am doing ok something sets me off again and I cry for days. I still have his coat hung up on the peg with the others coats.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 11:14 PM
I lost Sam in June - I miss him and still can't bring myself to look at his photos; I know one day I will be able to and smile but not yet. I have a large figurine that Bill bought me for christmas one year - it's a Cairn. I have it outside the back door now with Sam's collar and name tag on it.
It will take you time to come to terms with the loss of your pup - as the others have said do everything in your own
time. So sorry for your loss.x
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 12:24 AM
I lost my beloved greyhound Holly in October and I wouldn't let her collar be used for any of the dogs, didn't wash her coat as it still had her fur on it. I slept with her collar beside my bed and held it tight as I went to sleep. Every night I sang to her
It's perfectly normal to feel as you feel when you loved your baby so much.
When I lost Holly I got sent home from work early as I was sobbing uncontrollably.
I still cry for her at some point every day.
Just don't feel that you are alone...you're not...and everyone on here knows how you feel.
The grief is unbearable at times and you wonder how you will ever get over it. Everyone on here said to me that it will get easier and it has but it doesn't mean you love them any less, it just means that you have accepted it and come to terms with what's happened.
At first I was very angry that Holly lost her life at only 5 years old after suffering abuse. I felt she was cheated of a good life. But then...I realised it was a blessing that we had her for the last 10 months of her life, and she WAS truly happy and content. And she died with her head in my hands knwoing she was loved.
Just know that your baby was loved and she knows that.
I was writing on one of the other threads about the shooting stars we had the other night.....I said it was all the Dogsey dogs having fun in the sky. Your baby girl will have been there with my Holly and all the others, safe and well and happy.
Bless you hun...we're all here for you. xxxx
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Every dog comes into our lives for a reason, each dog teaches us, and helps us grow, some dogs are so special, that no matter how long they're gone, they will always feel a part of our lives, homes and hearts. I lost my beloved Spaniel 7 years ago, in January. She made me who I am, and it's because of her that the 5 I have now have been saved. Zoe, especially, owes her life to the bond I shared with Patches, and the love that Patches taught me.

Life moves forward, time eases pain. But even now, something triggers my memories, and I grieve for my first true friend. For the longest time after losing Patchie, I would see her out of the corner of my eye, or wake up hearing her snoring beside me. I do feel she was with me for as long as I needed. I still have her dishes, collar, fav. toy and my memories of the best dog that ever was... and eventually, I was able to think of her with a smile, instead of tears (she really was a goof) but I am crying as I write this.

The love for a dog, and their love for us, is a gift, that should be cherished.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2010, 04:17 PM
I am so so sorry, its so awful losing your best friend. Its one of the most painful things.
I had to say goodbye to snoop a few weeks ago, it still hurts but i know that somewhere out there he is looking down on me. I still have his picture on the front of my phone so everytime i miss him, i just click my screen and he lights out. Silly.. At first i couldnt look, but now it really helps.

Your dog knew how much he was loved, and this will only make you stronger but in time. Never ever rush yourself, we are all your friends here and if you want to talk then do. It really really helped me.

PM me if you would like to chat about anything.. literally anything. Except insects.. They scare me. ;-d

I just want to send you a huge virtual hug and my best wishes.

Have you thought about in the future possibly doing a bit of volunteering at an animal rescue? I know at the moment it may be hard, but it really helped me getting out there and meeting lots of little furry monsters all so happy and pleased to see you and go our for a nice long walk.

The most important thing though i never rush, and always remember that he loved you, as much as you loved him.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >