register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Does your dog like to dig?
Yes 30 60.00%
No 8 16.00%
More than one dog - some do, some don't 12 24.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 06:57 PM
I voted some do, some don't. Yogi (GSD) and Moss (BC) are diggers (unfortunately!) but Flame (GSD) and Rip (BC) don't.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 07:01 PM
I've really enjoyed all your posts some very amusing stories that have left me with some great images in my head

Louise Just as well you paved it over - I think they'd have reached Australia by now
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Louise - OMG!
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Louise Just as well you paved it over - I think they'd have reached Australia by now
Theres nothing like a Malamute for digging LOL

You know its bad when you disappear hanging out washing
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 07:40 PM
mine dont dig ,dylan did dig ,when we first got him ,well actually ,he dug and he dug and he dug .if you get my meaning ,but thankfully ,he grew out of it . i think shona rottie ,could put all the diggers to shame
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 07:45 PM
I could have done with the option "In certain Circumstances"
Milo and Shady are not diggers the only time they will attempt is if there is a cat sitting the other side of the fence that they want to eat.
Milo digs up Shadys bed to make it nice and snuggled for him but otherwise no they don't.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Monty will dig given half the chance, he was caught in my new unplanted veggie patch several times but hasn't been in it since i caught him and made him sit in his basket for an hour without moving whilst i swept up - that was true punishment as he loves nothing better than to "help" with sweeping!

He will dig mole hills as well. He jumps on them with his two front feet and then run to another and do the same thing. Whether he can sense the mole or not is anyone guess!!

The pictures that go with this thread are ace!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 07:52 AM
OH YES!!!!
In fact they have dug up my newly planted pots I don't have a big garden only a patio with lots and lots of pots. I have had to put edgind round the little bit of bedding that I do have coz these two will always dig. I have a standard rose bush that's been in and out of it's pot so many times the poor thing is confused

Elaine xxxx
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2009, 07:59 AM
We don't call it digging - we call it landscape redesign! Both the vallhunds and the spitz will join in, though it's a bit beneath ivan if there is nothing edible at the end of it - he did memorably dig under the shed to get a rat once and about 2 days later the shed collapsed.

Mine will also give digging inside a go - carpet, rearranging their own beds by digging in the molded beds/vet bed, the sofa etc.

They'll also dig at your legs if they arent' getting attention they think they should be!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Ela did used to dig when she was younger but seems to have grown out of it. She does like it when we dig the garden though and will join in.

Cassie has dug but again only when we are and when she is all hyped up or playing. The soil has to be good and loose as well, no hard work involved!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 01:48 PM
yes....

only on the field... i say "wheres the cats" - n millie starts digging

think this though was when we first move in our house....

busted
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >