View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2008, 09:45 PM
My dogs have lived in a tent with me before for 7 mths without any ill effects, and that time I made myself homeless on purpose because the money I was getting paid and the deductions for my room just didn't make it worth it! Plus my dogs had spent 2 years in a kennel which I hated! That to me was of far more concern than my current situation!
Becky
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
My dogs have lived in a tent with me before for 7 mths without any ill effects, and that time I made myself homeless on purpose because the money I was getting paid and the deductions for my room just didn't make it worth it!
Becky
Like I said, I'll leave it there, don't want to get into an argument, just concerned that's all. I'm sure you can understand that?!

Night all, got to be up early for work to make those hard earned pennies ya know!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Have you thought about maybe renting a static caravan on site? dont know if theres anywhere near you but may be worth it? renting one would be secure as well if you could find a caravan/camping site. I've been left with no place to go with my dogs before and ended up stopping on a campsite! I loved it! unfortunately would be to far to travel to work nowadays, but in the future itll be static city for me and mine!

Hope you get sorted hun xxx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Yes, have thought about it or buy a cheap caravan and keep on a campsite, or still rather like the yurt idea lol!
Thanks for your support, I'm sure the reason why this has happened will become apparent at some point lol!
Becky
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Nothing in life is guaranteed, even with two incomes and your own home doesn't mean you will get to keep it because quite simply you do not know what lies ahead, you just have to deal with what life throws at you. You can't put your life on hold 'just on case' those people that do are the ones who look back when they are older wishing that they had done rather than wait.
My dogs wont suffer so I really don't see what your problem is with it all.
Becky
I can definitely agree with that! Life can change so drastically in a split second, even when you have a good income and own your home. No matter how stable we think our lives are, there is always the potential for it all to fall apart, and we just have to pick up the pieces and cope as best as we can. I have always believed that everything happens for a reason, which was severely tested at the time but almost a year on, I've realised what the reason was for my situation.

I hope something suitable comes up soon and you don't have to resort to camping!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Sez & Amber View Post
I can definitely agree with that! Life can change so drastically in a split second, even when you have a good income and own your home. No matter how stable we think our lives are, there is always the potential for it all to fall apart, and we just have to pick up the pieces and cope as best as we can. I have always believed that everything happens for a reason, which was severely tested at the time but almost a year on, I've realised what the reason was for my situation.

I hope something suitable comes up soon and you don't have to resort to camping!
Couldnt agree more!!

I was on the brink and in court fighting to save my home from repossession (sp) just as i was made redundant, just as I took on Ruby

Things happen and you cant live your life on "what if" something will turn up Becky, i'm sure of it, you have to make the best of a bad situation and who knows, it may work out for the better, i hope so
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Any news yet hun?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks for all your support guys,m nothing yet but no work tomorrow so on the phone to the estate agents again!
What I need to do is reduce outgoings and increase incomings so I'm still in two minds whether I spend the summer in a tent and maximise on my earnings or not!
Becky
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Becky you are such a strong, strong person. I am sure whatever you decide you will come through to the other end ok. No-one knows what tomorrow brings, we all think we are fine and then crash, it can happen in an instance.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-02-2008, 07:12 PM
I would think living in a tent with the dogs and pups will be hard work.
Is there anyone who could help you with the dogs and pups, untill you can find some where?

What about the stud dog owner helping by looking after mum and pups?
Good luck in your search.
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »