View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 06:29 PM
My mum also tried putting me off Chappie as she said it stinks!! So not tried it yet, but I will... I will try him on it at wknd... maybe he will need something easy to digest with what he has instore for him this wknd!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Chappie is great, stuffed in a kong and frozen...they love it!!!! It does stink though.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Chappie is great, stuffed in a kong and frozen...they love it!!!! It does stink though.
Yes I do that, Zak loves it but it stinks the house out, still as long as he is happy, and I can always leave all the doors open.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Yes I do that, Zak loves it but it stinks the house out, still as long as he is happy, and I can always leave all the doors open.

Yes..good ventilation is a must...the stuffing it is bad enough, but then as it defrosts...and with a big dog....more Chappie... :smt078 :smt078 :smt078
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 10:09 PM
I do the Frozen Chappie Kong too, and it reeks.
I always say to my two as I am filling the Kongs up with the smelly stuff, look how much I love you , as I try not to hurl. It is smelly, but my two love it. Glad, I am not the only one, who finds it disgusting then.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
I do the Frozen Chappie Kong too, and it reeks.
I always say to my two as I am filling the Kongs up with the smelly stuff, look how much I love you , as I try not to hurl. It is smelly, but my two love it. Glad, I am not the only one, who finds it disgusting then.
Sounds like the conversation I have with my lot!!!!
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I fed my old girl on Chappie the last two years of her life, she had some stomach problems, I had always thought it was rubbish, but the vet suggested it, I did some research and found out , it can be great for dogs with stomach problems . I have to say she loved it. I also give it to my two if they are under the weather with some boiled rice.

Each to their own, I have no problems with canned food, it's what you can afford and what works for you and your dog, at the end of the day.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 10:17 PM
I don't think Chappie can be that bad...I give it to the pups in their kongs from about 14 weeks...once teething becomes a problem and it has never yet had an adverse effect on what comes out of the other end...that says a lot to me.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I will hold my nose and breathe in then when I try the Chappie Its not cos of being cheap that I feed him canned, its cos when he was a pup he was so darn fussy and Butchers was what he loved and I stayed with it
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by petticoat74 View Post
I will hold my nose and breathe in then when I try the Chappie Its not cos of being cheap that I feed him canned, its cos when he was a pup he was so darn fussy and Butchers was what he loved and I stayed with it

I wasn't saying the whatever you can afford at anyone or you, find what suits Jamie and don't worry what anyone else gives their dog.

Chappie is great for some dogs, my old girl thrived on it for the last two years, her stomach problems cleared up. Meg and Mack would eat it all the time if I gave it to them aswell. It is probally the only can food I would give them. Do you collect your new puppy this weekend? Have a great weekend. Big hugs to the lovely Jamie .
Page 16 of 19 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >