Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Morning everyone.

Lynn and Helena - there is always someone who gets hold of the wrong end of the stick and then uses that stick to bash people who they think know more than they do. It is like the flak I have received because of doing the reminder threads and answering queries about the competition - being accused of being "in" with Azz over it.

You two have done and are doing an absolutely wonderful job with this Daily Thread - neither of you have ever let anyone down or said a bad word either to or about anyone, and I thank you both from the bottom of my heart.

That is all I really want to say at the moment as I have a very bad taste in my mouth over recent events, and much as I really am having problems coordinating my stupidly useless body I have to do those courgettes this morning or they will end up in the bin.

Chin up everyone - and do not let anyone spoil the wonderful friendship all of us enjoy.

Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning everyone sorry I have not posted the poster Azz asked us too as I am quite frankly cheesed off with it all.
There is now a thread about merging this new thread etc., and I have quite frankly lost the plot and this is happening due to the few causing problems feeling Helena and I knew more than anyone else which we didn't and feeling we are something special which we aren't then I get accused by Tang of giving her flak which I seem to remember I gave her no more than anyone else did who agreed with the new section and am slightly miffed it seems ok for some to think they can dish it out but we are not expected to give it back.
Also the way Helena was treated by Tang avoiding the boards. Double standards seem to be the order of the day it seems for some.

I am sorry to bring this thread down today but I am quite frankly fed up with some and the attitude and as I have announced on the merge thread I am taking a break.
I will hop on and off and maybe reply to things like poorly dogs if support is needed and people but that will be it for now.

I hope everyone is well and all doglets and I am wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.

Keep safe keep warm and have a good Christmas.
Lynn
As I could be one of the "few" you mention I would like to say I am not having a go at you.......but at the situation, the poor communication or lack of clarity about whats going on may be a better way to word for it.

No idea what a merged thread is.........apart from two threads coming together.
No idea what group I now belong to if indeed any.

I come on dogsey like yourself to chat when I can and read when I can't. Been doing it for pretty much the whole 10 years.

I honestly APOLOGISE if anyone at all has felt I have been getting at them personaly I have not.

I am not sure what has kicked off between Tang and anyone else however I will say I agree with her thinking and I feel the lack of clarity in what is going on is the root cause.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn, I seem to have missed something then I have to say, I was thinking about that Monday thread when I woke up in the night, and whether or not I should post something in it, cos I felt so very uneasy about the accusation made by Tang that "we" (you and me) had been involved behind the scenes, when I had already TOLD her that we had nothing whatsoever to do with it, other than the fact that we had been informed prior to it even being dreamed up and we just said out *ok* to it. Afterall, who are WE to say whether or not it should be set up It has left a nasty taste in my mouth too Lynn, to think that people have been gossiping behind our backs without having the FACTS right!!!! I will reitterate what you have said there Lynn, in that you and me both only saw the list of people in there when it was produced by Azz for all and sundry to see, and we had NO prior knowledge about WHO was going to be allowed in or not. The ONLY reason we were asked about it in the first place is the fact that we are probably the only people in full knowledge of who posts in this thread day in day out because we started the blimmin thing, and how else was he gonna know who would want to join the new bit? I already said my feelings about it in the new section in one of Malka's threads, but I will now go and read this new one.
Helena
As I could be one of the "people" you mention I would like to say I am not having a go at you.......but at the situation, the poor communication or lack of clarity about whats going on may be a better way to word for it.

No idea what a merged thread is.........apart from two threads coming together.
No idea what group I now belong to if indeed any.
No idea where this post will end up.

I come on dogsey like yourself to chat when I can and read when I can't. Been doing it for pretty much the whole 10 years.

I honestly APOLOGISE if anyone at all has felt I have been getting at them personaly I have not.

I am not sure what has kicked off between Tang and yourself or anyone else however I will say I agree with her thinking and I feel the lack of clarity in what is going on is the root cause.

However just to clarify I DO NOT GOSSIP I do not talk on PM (don't have the facility) don't talk to anyone on this board outside of this board .....(I do send Annestaff a Christmas card but that's all no gossip)

I simply have an opinion and voiced it.

End of story I will post in the daily as long as I do not have to join a group to do it. I only belong to four internet forums two run by Azz and two others who I cannot name.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Chin up everyone - and do not let anyone spoil the wonderful friendship all of us enjoy.
I do not think anyone is trying to spoil any friendships. However even the best of friends do not see eye to eye on everything and better to be honest and say how you feel then let it simmer.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Not a good start to the day and I too am saddened by how low Lynn and Helena are feeling but to be honest I'm not surprised after last Monday .... I've only just been catching up with it all However, please girls don't let it stop you 'chatting' in here .... as Jen said its our bit of escapism from our daily lives and there is always a willing friend in here to listen and comment on things So Helena and Lynn we do all need you and if Lynn really is going to take a break I think we must all make a huge effort to keep it going so that we can all get back on track when tempers have calmed. My goodness we all survived the 'evil happenings' last year and this forum rose above them and became even stronger and better as a result. This current 'problem' is nothing compared to then so come on and lets not ruin it now

Here we go .............

Morning Lore, (what a lovely surprise to see a different face) and fellow members,

My little darlings woke me around 5.30 but did have the decency to go into the garden very quickly and then go back to bed which meant I could too I've still got lots of little present to wrap and the house to clean, ironing to do etc etc so need to get off my backside today and try and tick some things off my imaginary list .... maybe a hard copy of the list will do the trick

Very frosty outside this morning but it does all look beautiful with the sun making everything glisten

I hope any poorly people or dogs are feeling better today. See you all later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Morning everyone, I know nothing, I pays me money and keep my mouth shut after being misunderstood by Tang early on. Helena and Lynn where would this thread be without you I love you both and more besides so hello everybody IT'S CHRISTMAS!

Have a good day all, stay safe and warm. God bless you all.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Morning all...

So sad to see how this daily has gone this week, I hadn't joined the other chatter page, but have applied to now, or is it going to be taken down?? I thought it was if you wanted to go for some privacy if you didn't subscribe and I didn't realize it was going to be for everyday use too. I dont always post on here, but I do try to read and catch up most days. So very sad to see Lynn take it to heart, and not posting, but then I dont know whats been said. I only have this and book face and dont have many friends there. I spend an awful lot of time on my own, so this the daily is a way for me to chat. I will continue to come on here and so hope it can get back to the happy place it was. Hugs to Helena and Lynn xxx

Bit down now.... so will go and have another cuppa and will be back later.....
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Morning all, took some piccies of the babies last night, they were 6 weeks old on Wednesday, but with all the dashing about and constant battle with Mabs and her escapes over the Berlin Wall I didn't manage to take any till now.
So here is Malka's Little Girl perched on a pile of vetbed waiting for the washer to finish

PP is nice and warm this morning when I checked it, will put shredded paper bedding in later and they can go out for the afternoon whilst I meet my friend for lunch, then come back in late afternoon, and will then put them out a bit earlier each day.
My friend and her OH are over tonight and fingers crossed he will sort out the bits and pieces that need doing before they can be let loose to meet grandma.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
ALL! Jeeeese hey? Talk about what a todoo about nuffink!

Now we're going to put a dampener on this lovely daily chatter thread which has upset me and Lynn, of course it does.
I am sad to see people getting the wrong end of the stick because of a misunderstanding .

I hope people won't mind if I say something here as a fellow member

I try to post in the daily thread when I can but at the moment it just isn't possible to do so every day and to keep up with all the different 'personal stories'.
Then when I do post in the thread (which contains ongoing stories )I feel I can't comment on them because I haven't been keeping up and I hope people don't think I am ignoring their various problems .

I wasn't aware of the proposed new section but can see exactly what Azz was hoping to do with the help of Helena and Lynn . It was to give those who post regularly and at lenght in the daily thread with 'ongoing stories' a place to discuss them in more detail and to post updates.
That would leave the daily thread for more 'light chat' so that those people who don't post regularly can take part without feeling they don't know what is going on.
No one is being exclued from anything,
No one is 'a special member',
We are all members together and I hope friends .
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi everyone

I haven't had a chance to read everything yet and I've been so worried about Loki, I have found it hard to think about anything else.

BUT - that dog of mine - has surpassed himself this morning and I don't know whether to laugh or despair at his antics.

Do you remember the polar bear outdoor decoration down the road that he thought was a dog? Oh God, this morning he walked past almost ignoring it but I saw him give it an almost imperceptible side glance and then he suddenly pounced on it with growls and took its head off. When I tried to fix it, he had another go at it.

Oh I was mortified, it was lying there, headless. I rushed off home and told OH and I admit, I was too ashamed to go back so I made him go and apologise. I thought we ought to offer to pay for it, cute little polar bear, BUT it's fine! Apparently its head is meant to come off for storage and it's still working.

PHEW!
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »