View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2011, 09:58 AM
It would be nice wouldn't it ? Unusually I have flipped on one of the threads.

I think the problem is there seem to be a few people who think they are right there is no debate in the end and ending up of being able to compromise and see something from another or someone else's point of view. Not all of us think or feel the same it does not make us or them bad people just different but some are finding it difficult to respect we do not all feel or do things the same way so the gloves come off and they start getting personal. Or of course that maybe just maybe they may be wrong and the other person may be right. I have a brother with this attitude we all ignore him now if he starts off on one maybe what we should start doing on here instead of rising to the bait all the time.

I know I will be ignoring some of the threads. I do a lot of the time anyway.

It is such a shame Dogsey can such a supportive place and it is a shame that a lot of people stay away from some threads now for fear of starting something that will escalate into a row yet again. It is these people that have the reasoning and possibly some very good answers.

Rant over sorry.
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
It would be nice wouldn't it ? Unusually I have flipped on one of the threads.

I think the problem is there seem to be a few people who think they are right there is no debate in the end and ending up of being able to compromise and see something from another or someone else's point of view. Not all of us think or feel the same it does not make us or them bad people just different but some are finding it difficult to respect we do not all feel or do things the same way so the gloves come off and they start getting personal. Or of course that maybe just maybe they may be wrong and the other person may be right. I have a brother with this attitude we all ignore him now if he starts off on one maybe what we should start doing on here instead of rising to the bait all the time.

I know I will be ignoring some of the threads. I do a lot of the time anyway.

It is such a shame Dogsey can such a supportive place and it is a shame that a lot of people stay away from some threads now for fear of starting something that will escalate into a row yet again. It is these people that have the reasoning and possibly some very good answers.

Rant over sorry.
I totally agree with you Lynn, and its what i have highlighted that i think is a big prob. Oh well.

sue
kirsty1978
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-01-2011, 10:30 AM
also its hard reading what someone has said because it can come across differently when we talk we have different tones to our voice and facial expressions when u read something it can often be taken the wrong way
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by kirsty1978 View Post
also its hard reading what someone has said because it can come across differently when we talk we have different tones to our voice and facial expressions when u read something it can often be taken the wrong way
I was just typing something like that!! Thats why I dont text it's all in the voice when you are face to face with some one.

There are some threads I wont get involved in as I can see where it is going to go and as I have, shall we say, the type of dogs that go 'that way' I try to keep out...... sometimes

We all have opinions and some folk do get het up as they can only see their way and for some it's their way or no way. I do try to be objective, but I dont like the way some threads go down the insulting and nasty road, even if I did have strong thoughts and feelings about them.

But YUP!!! we all have the common love of our dogs that we DO agree on, even if the way my dogs are, are not the way for some people, it works for me.
xxx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 10:51 AM
My perspective.

I hate what I see as bullying and the kicking of anyone who is down. So I tend not to stand back and do nothing.

What originally went on was appalling IMO and it isn't the first time. So I started a new thread to deflect the whole subject and change the target of the bullying. I am not in the process of trying to get my head round an appalling event so I don't mind the s..t being chucked at me instead.

I am sorry for those that got caught up in it and are unhappy with just reading it----imagine what you would feel if you were reading it and it was aimed at you personally and what had happened to you. Lynn got a taste of it when Ollie was ill. It isn't nice and I can't stand back and let it happen.

rune
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 10:51 AM
I usually like a good debate but have been spending less and less time on Dogsey partly due to a busy "real life" and partly because there are fewer threads I want to get involved in.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-01-2011, 11:02 AM
I like a good debate too but lately seem to lose the will to live while reading the endless tit for tat exchanges and the original topic is buried under a pile of what is quite frankly cr@p.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 11:03 AM
I think we could all agree I'm a pain in the bum!

(but loveable with it? ;o)
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 11:09 AM
I like a good debate too, perhaps we need to lay some ground rules if there is a serious discussion , a debate weighs up the pros and cons respecting each side of the argument and the person delivering the viewpoint and if there is to be a 'winner' maybe add the voting option.

Problem is it gets a bit personal and disrepectful on here sometimes and some people are comfortable to do that , many others are not. As a previous poster said I too read things carefully in those situations before I press send !

And in answer to the question I love dogs !!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 11:09 AM
I love dogs too (but am not a fan of cats ;o)

*runs away*
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »