Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 09:55 AM

Awful accident

My Mother in law had a bad car crash a couple of days ago. She is hurt bad but not critical.
Unfortunately her best friend died at the scene. She is obviously in complete shock...to make matters worse it was her fault my MIL was driving, she went straight through a give way apparently she didnt see it. And she is going to be prosecuted for death by dangerous driving.
She was her best friend, niether of them were married, they went everywhere together.
It is just awful, I dont know how she is going to live with the guilt...and lonliness ;-(
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Oh that is so awful for everybody involved. I just could not imagine what your MIL and her friend's relatives must be going through. She is going to need you more than ever now I would think.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Oh dear, so sorry for her and you all.

Hope she can see her way through this.

rune
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 10:18 AM
That's awful Poor soul. I'm so sorry to hear this. It could happen to anyone. We'vwe all made mistakes whilst driving and for most of us we've got away with it by sheer fortune.
I hope she will be ok. It's going to be so very hard for her. I'm sorry she's being done for dangerous driving...I would have thought losing her best friend was punishment enough.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 10:21 AM
That is such a tragic story, you hear of these joy riders that cause death by dangerous driving, they are the type of people that should be penalised, it shouldn't be the case with your MIL as it was so obviously an accident.

I hope she makes a speedy recovery and that, in time, she comes to terms with the loss of her friend. xxx
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2010, 10:41 AM
That's awful and as others have said a tragic accident, hopefully it will be seen as that. Hope your MIL is soon better
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Im so sorry to hear your news hun xx

It was an accident but I doubt your MIL will even think like that, she will be in such devastation loosing her best friend.
I wish her peace of mind when all this terrible ordeal is over love, maybe when it is talking to someone in counselling will help her so sorry xxxxx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Oh how awful for everyone. I hope that it is seen as an accident - tragic story. Thoughts are with you and your MIL
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2010, 11:21 AM
God that's terrible. Poor MIL and her friend. I agree with the others, a tragic accident.
I'm sure it will take some getting over. What a shame that the law doesn't view situations like this differently to what we would consider real criminals.
I don't doubt that MIL will suffer more than enough.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Oh dear thats awful i am so sorry for your MIL. As others have said it was an accident and not really a case of dangerous driving.

Sending healing thought to your MIL and her friends family, i just hope she can forgive herself in time x
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »