Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-02-2013, 07:27 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Monday).

Again.
Good morning all. I do think it is a little damp outside today but still ****** freezing.
Well I cannot believe it I woke at 6.30 needing the bathroom and Dillon was quiet as a mouse. I peered over the stairs and he was laid at the bottom either still asleep or patiently waiting for one of us to come down.
I need my Grandson Joel round more often he doesn't mind Dillon getting on the sofa with him and washing his ears and generally clambering around where as Owen is a bit more wary and subdued. Owen was at his dads yesterday that is why Joel was here on his own with his dad. (Our eldest son).
Anyhow it worked Dillon has been out no barking haven't had any for about a week now just out do his business and in or wander about sniffing the boundaries on our vast estate. (Not).
Or maybe he is growing up and his testosterone is subsiding he will be 16 months on the 2nd March. Judging by the way he likes men's legs though familiar or stranger I don't think we are at the latter option yet.

A normal day here today of housework and washing and Gorden checking emails for confirmation of money owed going into our account and emails from people he has contacted re: work and his hopefully now earlier interview after letting them know he is now in the UK not Kazakhstan.

Bev I hope you are feeling better today and that Charly and Ash arrived home safely.
To all others feeling poorly human or pet get well soon.
Nearly forgot good luck with the workmen today Helena.
Well done Lorraine on the TMA. I hope that's right.

I think you will find it is still wrapping up warm weather to walk the dogs. So keep warm and safe and enjoy your Monday.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Glad Dillon is being such a good boy for you still Lynn. I do worry that the boy is gay if he only likes mens legs though .

I a feeling dreadful today and wheezing really badly. I must get for that chest x-ray this morning though as I was mean't to have gone 2-3 weeks ago. It will involve a long bus journey as there is no parking at the hospital I have to go to, so not looking forward to it. They start doing x-rays about 9am so I will probably get a bus about 8.15. It will enble me to see if if my chest is up to the bus journey and an evening at work though as my job is very physichal.

Charly and Ash got back safely about 10.30 last night and we had a nice meal together. I am so pleased to have them back. They just grow closer and closer, its so lovely to see them together, they make a wonderful couple.
They had a lovely time and the weather was good for them too.

Good Luck with the workman today H.

Have a good day all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev and everyone

Lovely to hear Dillon was quiet and calm this morning, long may it last. I do hope Gorden gets a date for that interview today so that you get something positive in your lives, and this time around, he won't have a stinking cold and will impress them even more I hope.

Good luck with getting to that chest x-ray Bev and I hope it returns all clear and you've just got a touch of bronchitis or something.

Well I'm off out with Zena on my own as we've decided to let Dave deal with the workmen. He's going to show them all the c*ck ups and ask them what we owe them for them to go away and leave us alone. He will be doing the scotia edgings himself next week-end, we just can't face having them back. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't turn up, because this friend of ours who recommended the shop is going to ring the manager first thing to get him up here, so he will obviously ring these guys to give them a ticking off. Which could mean we get it for free lol!

Then we're up to the van, we'll take Zena cos we have to walk down to it, the park being closed, we're not allowed to drive through it, as I need Dave to turn the water back on ready for my boiler service on Wednesday.

Seems like this 4 days have flown by for Dave being at home, but then Friday was totally wasted wasn't it. Hey ho, hopefully we'll have a result by the end of the day and get a big discount with their fitting price.

Hope you're all ok along with the doglets, and enjoy another Monday
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

Glad Dillon is being such a good boy for you still Lynn. I do worry that the boy is gay if he only likes mens legs though .

I a feeling dreadful today and wheezing really badly. I must get for that chest x-ray this morning though as I was mean't to have gone 2-3 weeks ago. It will involve a long bus journey as there is no parking at the hospital I have to go to, so not looking forward to it. They start doing x-rays about 9am so I will probably get a bus about 8.15. It will enble me to see if if my chest is up to the bus journey and an evening at work though as my job is very physichal.

Charly and Ash got back safely about 10.30 last night and we had a nice meal together. I am so pleased to have them back. They just grow closer and closer, its so lovely to see them together, they make a wonderful couple.
They had a lovely time and the weather was good for them too.

Good Luck with the workman today H.

Have a good day all.
Morning Bev sorry to hear you are so ill still. You will need to wrap up warm if you do think about getting the bus to get your x-ray.
Pleased Charly and Ash are back safe and had a nice time.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev and all

Wow Dillon is behaving himself, long may it last!

Sorry you are not feeling well Bev, hospitals are the pits when it comes to parking.

Good luck with the floor today H, I hope they don't drive you (and Zena) too mad!

Well that's another weekend gone by, it was very quiet at work apart from Saturday when the BHF had their sponsored walk. I was in my kitchen at 8am and they had started coming past, I couldn't imagine what time they started out from 5 miles away. The dogs were very excited as some of them had their dogs running with them.

Not much happening today, the two young boys will go out on the bike, they are comfortably doing 4 miles although part of that is walking up the track and then back down, they still do a 10 minute zoomie when they get back so are not totally crackered!

I hope everyone has a good day today.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Morning all. Sorry to hear you are unwell Bev. Hope the X-rays are reassuring and not worrying.

I can hardly bear to read about your 'workmen' saga Helena. Bet you wish now you had cancelled them the first day when they turned up so late.

Speaking to an elderly Jewish lady pal of mine this morning while walking the dogs. She said she moved to another apartment in the same building without doing any packing! I commented that it would take forever just wandering up and down with the odd couple of pots, cups, cans of stuff etc. She said she just used hundreds of carrier bags! Hmmmm sounds like an idea to me!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev, Helena, Moet and fellow members,

Lynn - What a good boy Dillon has been. I do hope Gorden hears soon about an interview date. Enjoy your day.

Bev - So sorry you are feeling dreadful again today. Hopefully you'll manage to get to the hospital for your X-ray today (maybe Ash could drop you off or collect you to save you a bus journey, unless he's working?) You must be delighted to have them back. There is nothing worse than being alone and feeling unwell. ((hugs))

Helena - Good luck sorting the workmen out today and paying them off Enjoy your walk with Zena.

Moet - Hi, enjoy your 'long' walk and have a good day.

I'm waiting for 9.00 to phone Mum's nursing home and speak to Matron. My brother and I are hoping to go in for a meeting about her and to check they are coping. If she can't do today it'll have to wait until next week.

I was woken again at 5.40 by Rucksack - driving me mad. He goes out in the garden has a wee and poo, eats a little grass and then comes back in to bed Unfortunately I can't leave him to 'moan' and try and ignore him until Keith has left on Wednesday as it would definitely wake him up.

I'll catch up with you all this afternoon.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Good morning all.

It's been raining overnight. It's very dull and forecast cold again. Wish that wind would change directions as it's always colder from the east and you can't get out of it as easily in the cafes we go to.

The ice cream shop opened last week for the few days of milder weather we had, but they've given up again as nobody wants 'em when it's this cold - except perhaps the kids because Mcd's seems to do a roaring trade in their Mcflurries when the school holidays are on. Kids are a hardy breed

Same old for us.

Hope everybody gets sorted today whether it's with pay, moving, workmen or illness.

Have a good 'un all x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Morning all, its a dull cold one here today, not a lot going on as yet, but will find something to do I am sure.

Good luck with the workmen H, glad you managed sleep in Lynn, and sorry you had an early one Jenny .

Have a good one folks, xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-02-2013, 08:54 AM

Daft dog goes out to pee after her 11pm pill, comes in, goes to bed, grudging lets me get in after wash/toothbrush etc then wakes me at 12.30am to tell me she needs another p&p. What I want to know is that if she needs to "go" again shortly after going to bed, how come she then does not stir until gone 9am [she heard the binmen]? Well, she stirred in as much as opened her mouth for her early pill then the usual grumble mutter while I struggle to get into bed for a bit more

Yesterday was the Festival of Purim, one of the customs of which being taking gifts of food [ie nosh] around to friends, so I am now laden with sweets, crisps and other savoury snacks, chokkie and other bikkies, home made cakes and cookies [including those sickly sticky million-calorie honey-covered Tunisian ones, as well as the zillion-calorie" loadem full of nuts and honey" things] - and here was I with a dicky tummy and all these humungous fancy-wrapped baskets and bowls and trays with pretty bows on them kept arriving...

...and Pereg kept getting excited at seeing people walking down the path carrying things and all I wanted to do was go back to bed and hope I could avoid the loo and wondering what on earth I am going to do with all these goodies.

Hope you get to the hospital for the X-ray Bev and something can be done for your chest - and that all poorlies are un-poorly today.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »