Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2013, 07:54 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread- Monday

Good morning all Dogsey peops

Had a lie in this morning, yet it's still dark outside, although it looks dry. Might go up on the top this morning, instead of the beach, but I'll decide when we're ready to go.

Hope Jimmi settled in that kitchen last night for you Sally, cos you really did need a good night's sleep and I can understand why you don't want him on the bed.

Off to the van this morning to clean it all up, not looking forward to that cos it's a bit muddy on the doors and walls, and that's hard work!

Nothing else to report from here today, hope everyone is well along with the doglets. Some of you are probably back at work after a long break over Christmas, I don't envy you, it's always hard to go back, but once you're there, it's fine, it's just the getting there I know! Monday's never a good day is it really, hey ho, better get on with it then
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Morning H and all,
Its dark here and drizzling again. I really hope we have a summer this year as I need some sun and some warmth with it.

I have cancelled my MOT for today and will be getting Kyiro to the vets to see Claire at 11.50 so we can sort out what is going to have to be done to get the poor lad right again. I can then get all my questions and concerns answered.
Work this afternoon Oh joy! and rebook myMOT when I know what is hapenning with Kyiro and when.

Good luck with the van H, I hope its not too bad.

Take care all and have a good day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Good morning Helena and all who follow.

Still not light enough to tell what kind of day we are in for, but I'm hoping it's dry and fine.

I quite like Mondays. Kids are all back at school so the town is quieter and less fear of being mown down with one of the scooter thingys that seem to be all the rage at the moment. A lot of the weekend dog walkers are out of the picture too - the ones who seem to have little control and think it's OK for their dog to run around causing havoc.

Broken glass and dog muck are my bugbears at the moment. In winter, the town isn't cleaned up as much as summer and both of the offending items seem to build up. Once the grass starts getting cut again, things get better (it really shouldn't be that way - those who don't pick up really annoy me) and the sweepers come out in spring and there's more police around which seems to stop a lot more of the glass problem. You need eyes in the back of your head in some of the walking places although you do get to know the safe areas and the areas to be prepared. It's easier with a littly as I can just pick her up if there's a smashed bottle or around the bottle bank areas.

It'll probably be just the usual for us today, but quieter than over the Christmas break with the kids now going back - bliss .

Have a good 'un all whatever you're up to
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Good morning all.

Sounds busy out there,, mud is a challenge Helena

Hope all goes well with Kyiro too.

As I have posted elsewhere, the weather here is ....Even wee dog will not go out.. well , she will obey but she creeps along the floor, head down, snail pace, and puts on her best Bassett face.

Found a lot of old photos and here is one of her when she was small

Both slow cookers on, ham for me, the usual for the dogs.. no doubt the dogs and cats will get a good serving of my ham...big boy act now spews up tinned cat food and girl cannot have kibble so it is getting harder to feed them.. I miss the cheap chicken necks.

OK; to work now... have just heard re "The Gathering" this year that is going down big in the US so this means Ireland is going to be very busy this year.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Morning all

Good luck with that van H - hopefully they will have cleaned it a little, at least, so you won't have such a big job.

I hope you got some sleep last night Sally.

I hope all goes well with Kyiro today.

Beautiful photo Rosebud.

Sooo tired today, I just couldn't sleep. Every tiny thing woke me up and I have a cold, which was bothering me a bit. No school today - they don't go back until tomorrow. I always feel sad when she has to go back.

Loki is whining away for whatever it is he thinks he should be having. He's always worse a few days after the fits and the increase in drugs too.

All the decorations came down yesterday - that makes me sad too, even though it's nice to have the room back.

The developers disappeared before Christmas but have reappeared this morning. That's a long break for the workers - I'm not kidding myself they did it to give us a break from them .

Have a good day.
xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Good morning Nechda, good morning all

I am not sure how long I will be online as the power keeps going off - it is on at the moment but I have no idea for how long. It is also diabolically cold and I think I am actually rather sick. No hot water so I cannot shower so am not going to bother getting dressed.

Hope to be back later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Good Morning Helena and fellow members ,

Helena, I hope you and Zena enjoy your walk and the van doesn't take too long to clean!

Sally - I thought of you last night and hope you got Jimmi settled and managed a good night's sleep - you clearly needed it.

Chris - Enjoy your day.

RoseB - I love the photo of 'Wee dog' Just being nosey but what are your dogs called? I agree about the mud being everywhere - roll on some nice dry and sunny weather.

LS - Sorry you've got a cold and I hope you shake it off quickly (there seems to be so many viruses doing the rounds still ). Good news that Loki is remaining seizure free.

A routine day for me, shopping, dog walking etc etc. Stay safe and see you all later.

Sorry if I've missed anyone who has posted while I've been typing this.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Oh Malka I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Wrap up or snuggle up with the gorgeous Pereg whenever the power goes off. What a pain in the neck, especially when its cold as well.

Keep warm and see you later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Morning Helena, morning everyone.

Good luck with the cleaning of the van today Helena and enjoy your walk.
Good luck at the vets Bev.
Sorry to hear you have a cold Linda.
I hope the rain stops soon Rose it is dull and drizzly here today and a nice photo of collie.
Chris enjoy your walk now the town is quieter.
Sally I hope Jimmi settled last night so you could get the much needed rest you need.
Malka I hope you feel better as the day goes on and you get some hot water and the power behaves itself.

Dillon was a good boy till about 7.45 then made a fuss about going for his walk.
Gorden is away but back this evening so not to bad.
Our walk was very erm interesting I think.
First we went up the lane and met a black lab off lead
Dillon on lead so it was an opportunity to walk by and leave which he did very well. It helps if the other dog is well behaved of course.
Then we met two stupid teenage girls secondary schools back today who came down some muddy cut through from their estate and must of frightened Dillon as next thing I know I have this large dog banging into the back of my legs we also got to walk past the full bus stop with a leave and walk on all which he did really well.
Then we cut through a road we usually take and we sometimes meet a gobby Weimeraner(sp) so we cross over. This morning it caught us unawares so we quickly crossed over to the grass verge this dog is I think only young like Dillon and I am not sure if it is aggressive or frightened or a combination of both or desperate to make friends.
Well we were on this narrow grass verge and I felt it best to make Dillon stand and wait because turning him to walk in a straight line was challenging and the road was busy and I didn't want him to lunge while turning.
This dog was doing its nut barking and lunging and wrapping his front paws round the woman's leg I wanted to ask if it would be better if he met Dillon but he was so noisy she wouldn't of heard me.
So I have Dillon with my leg against his body in case he does decide to try to get across the road and all the time telling him to stand and wait and leave he did do some whining but was very good and did as he was told so I was very proud of him for listening but it was a bit hairy for a few minutes.
The other dog is also entire not sure if that makes any difference but I must say Dillon is showing no signs of any type of aggression to human or other dogs he wants to greet them all. I hope he remains that way.
Off to get a well earned cup of tea now enjoy your day all and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Good morning.

Grrrrrrrr I have just been trying to get through to the doctor for my hubbys 6mth check. Eventually after 45min of trying I then had to argue with a stroppy receptionist
Why? I am RGN, they all know this, Dr leaves his blood pressure monitoring to me, but nooooo, the receptionist decides that their RGN should take it
Anyway I have made a fuss and the doctor will now ring me, ......thats an hysterical laugh of frustration.
Later my SiL is coming for coffee and a natter, that will be fun
Rb I cooked a ham on Saturday. I fell asleep and remembered it nearly 2 hours after it should have been switched off It was delicious though
Dull and overcast here but dry.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »