Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
He had two more seizures this evening. Really worried now.

I've been reading that rosemary oil can bring on attacks in dogs prone to it and this is used as a preservative in the Burns kibble and Kelties he gets. Has anyone else heard of this?
I only just caught this post...I just replied to your post on the Ut forum.

I can't believe he had another two poor Loki, awww hugs for him

I'll bet he is in your bedroom tonight with you...

Keep us posted as much as you can LS, thinking of you guys...
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

22-02-2006, 07:21 AM
Hi L/S, sorry to hear about the seizures Lokis had, quite often no reason is found for why they happen tho & they can be a one off. I doubt very much if its the r/mary oil in the food

Heres a site run by Dr Jean Dodds, shes an expert on epilepsy & theres loads of good info on it.

http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-...m/site_map.htm

The link below should allay your worries about the r/mary oil in his food

http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-...ential_oil.htm
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 08:04 AM
hope Loki has been okay through the night, you must be so worried,I don't know anything about fits and can only send you all the positive vibes i can muster...xxxxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Poor Loki, hope he's ok. Let us know how you get on xx
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 08:54 AM
So sorry to hear that Loki has had further attacks, sure the vet will put him onto drugs for epilepsy if only to see what effect it has, lets hope it works and your boy will soon be back to normal.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-02-2006, 09:07 AM
My thoughts are with you LS. xxx

We once had a Yorkie that fitted, it was terrible to see in the beginning but the family soon learned the procedure to help him and it became easier.

His fits began due to an road accident, in which he was run over.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Seizures are so worrisome and I feel for you having to go through this with Loki The Jean Dodds link given by Christine is excellent and well worth reading. Back to the vets for some more tests and treatment I think What exactly were the initial bloods tested for?
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

22-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Oh hell, that's not good! Hope you get it sorted out soon! I know I'd be horrified if something like that happened to Jake.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 10:08 AM
HI - thanks. Well he got through the night with no problems, although we didn't get much sleep, listening out for him, and he wasn't too impressed with having the stairs barred to him. He seems fine this morning, very cheerful and bouncy.

Thanks very much Christine for this info. It's an excellent website with loads of info on it.

SB - the blood tests were to eliminate possible metabolic disorders and hypyglycaemia and were fine, although I am still going to give his diet an overhaul, just in case, to see if that makes any difference whatsoever. You try anything initially, don't you? I already prepare his evening meal so for now I'm ditching the Burns and doing the same for his breakfast and snacks. Good practice for the baby .

I am still hoping that it's been brought on by something he licked yesterday, or even on Monday. He was playing in a stream which runs along the farmer's field and I guess could have been contaminated with some pesticide or other.

We'll keep a close watch on him then if it continues, it's back to the vet. She was better than some in that she didn't immediately prescribe handfuls of drugs but said herself to keep a close watch and see how things develop and let her know. I think she was hoping he'd eaten something toxic too. My OH wants to rule out brain tumours too so wants to see a neurologist and/or have an MRI scan. If it is inherited epilepsy then we'll just have to go down the drug route.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 10:12 AM
aww LS im so glad that loki went thrugh the night ok this must be a real worry for you not knowing what has caused loki to be this way sending big hugs to you all
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >