View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 08:57 AM
I've swum in the river Irwell! admitedly much much much further up than Bolton where it's all still quite clean.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2014, 09:12 AM
Eeeer excuse ME, the River Irwell IS clean now, as Gordon said, once upon a time you couldn't drink it but could develop a film in it, nowadays its full of fish, various types of birds live along the banks, including heron and kingfisher and my girls not only swim in it, but drink it as well. Was going to suggest that Helena came up for a quick dip and that would alleviate all her aches and pains, but Gordon came up with the idea first, fully clothed of course, not sure if the mobile phone makes a difference, then of course it could be acting as some sort of conductor to the 'healing' properties.... phone survived as well, so maybe the water heals mobiles as an additional benefit....
Got a lovely nights sleep once I'd dropped off, first night for ages I haven't had a zillion facts zooming around my head awaiting my attention.
Forecast for today is heavy rain, it has rained, but nothing at present. Sat having brekkie planning my next cleaning session after girlies have had a walk in an hour.
Ferret DOES sound an excellent idea you know Lynn.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 09:28 AM
I used to row competitively and fell in the Thames once, that was rank.
Spent the next 2 weeks googling symptoms of weils disease!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2014, 09:33 AM
LOL Emma, you see lots of rowers being chucked in the Thames as well.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 09:39 AM
All.
Helena, it probably the lugging of turf that "did" you back, it was what you did yesterday that was the final straw. Hope it is better soon.

Nothing is sinking in still but I am quite a bit better although the "antibiotic squits" have set in Brian is much better and has managed his usual walk with Peps this morning.

I shall be lurking throughout the day
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Glad to hear you're a bit better today and facing in the right direction, even if you are sitting on the loo
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Morning Gorden, June and Nippy Jen.

Gordon thank you for your suggestions a Terrier is definitely not on the cards and I think a ferret is not our thing either.
My dad use to keep ferrets but I do not remember them my brothers and sister do and were not allowed near them he kept them for rabbiting.
So unless we can find something that doesn't involve poison and is as humane as can possibly be it looks like we are going to have to live beside them. We are looking at traps on the internet.
Gorden suggested if he traps them leaving in there and driving them to London and letting them go on the river bank.
June glad you are feeling more rested and that the River Irwell properties are still working.
Morning Nippy Jen glad Brian is more or less recovered and that you are coming along albeit slowly.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Nippy...just had a brainwave
I'll send you some Miracle Water...I know there won't be enough to immerse you, fully clothed, plus mobile, in, but maybe you won't need as much for a chest infection
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Afternoon all

Just popping in to see how the poorlies are, hoping to hear that the sick bay has emptied.

Helena - sorry to hear that your back has started grumbling - no doubt complaining about all the lifting you have been doing recently with the turf and soil -hope it eases off soon.

Nippy - I hope your throne time does not last too long but nice to read that Brian is much better now.

Lynn - I always fancied a ferret but somehow I do not think Da Booger would appreciate one!

to everyone else.

- been trying to read the various supplements that came with yesterdays newspaper - being our w/e one there are five different ones. When I used to buy the paper on the way to work every day to read on the inter-city bus it was always interesting, but now I cannot fine anything worth reading in it so when they telephone to find if I received it and had it been put in the box, the answer will be yes, no, and please cancel the remainder of my free offer as I do not want it.

Enjoy the rest of today - I will send some sun over for you all!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2014, 10:52 AM
At Last!!! They Found The Mailbox
Sorry to hear there was nothing worth reading after all the palavar getting one in an undamaged condition
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »