View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Helena We have had a blue tit tapping the window every morning (the same thing happened last year at this time) when the sun is shining on it and I was told that they will tap and fly into windows (especially when clean) to chase off any other bird .... they don't realise its a reflection of themselves and are basically chasing off other birds .... seems like a valid reason
Moyra I thought of you around midday and hopefully you'll manage to sleep tonight and will feel a little more human tomorrow ((hugs)).
June OMG you poor thing falling especially as you've been trying to be so careful I hope you are OK. Good luck with drying your mobile phone .... lots of advice on tinternet.
Nippy You poor young thing .... sounds like you need to retire to bed for a few days (propped up with pillows) and try and shake off your horrible virus. Get well soon.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Evening all, and what a catalogue of disasters

Nippy all I can say is that I really feel for you, and hope that you manage to eat a little of those egg sandwiches. Chest infections on top of a rotten cold are really not funny and you have my every sympathy.

H, we normally get the new babies (blackbirds mostly) flying into the windows, but it is quite rare for adults to do it........the light must have been just so to make the poor soul think that it was flying into greenery. We are currently enthralled by "our" breeding pairs, and so far we have one blackbird looking for a replacement mate because the first one was carried off by a Sparrowhawk.......not sure what happened to the babies because they were feeding them before the tragedy; one pair of bluetits still nest building; one pair of robins feeding babies out of the nest; one pair of goldfinches still nest building; one thrush, or maybe two; loads of sparrows; one pair of collared doves who don't seem to be doing anything much, and one pair of great tits ditto. Starlings come in to grab nesting material but fly off elsewhere. I just love watching them all!

TW you great clumsy prawn you That is the very last thing you needed wasn't it, and I live in dread of hearing what you feel like tomorrow.

Lynn - what will be will be, and a buyer will come along when the time is right; I do know the feeling of wanting everything to be settled though.

Well, last night it was very late indeed before I decided that Jimmi was not going to calm down any time soon and therefore it was time to shut him in the kitchen no matter what. Poor little man was so hyper, panting and whining and squealing.........I am sure that the cat he chased went up a tree and stayed there, because normally Jimmi calms down after ten minutes or so. I couldn't sleep for worrying about what he might have done to that paw, but first thing this morning he was firing on all four cylinders so that was a relief. He raced out before his breakfast even to check on things, but he soon relaxed so the cat had clearly left the premises.

Then (cat lovers look away now please)............ten minutes into our walk, he lunged under a hedge and when I hauled in his fishing line he emerged with a cat in his mouth The noise was earsplitting - mostly cat - and thank goodness Jimmi loosened his grip enough, after a bit of shaking around, for the cat to escape. Remarkably, he didn't have a mark on him Jimmi that is

This episode wound him up once more and this morning was pretty fraught. Then he collapsed in a heap and apart from his dinner and a wee, has not moved for hours and hours!

Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Gordon that is more or less what I said

I was going to say the egg butties tasted awful but actually they didn't taste at all

Sally, Pepsi is curled up chuckling at the cat story
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Anyone who would prefer not to see my BALLS,avert your eyes now

Will be taking the labels off,as soon as I read the instructions!!
I love them the lady cross from me has one hanging from her door frame x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Jen - sorry to hear that you are feeling lousy - sending lots of Get-Well-Soon {{{vibes}}} for both you and Brian. xx

Moyra - I do hope you manage to get some sleep tonight with those poor sore gums. (((hugs))) xx
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Ope you feel better soon nippy!

I was really ill 2 weeks ago and actually eating a decent meal did me the world of good
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Oh June, poor you. you really are going to have to take things a bit easier, sod the house, let it be, do what you have to do for the dogs but leave the house it will still be there when you are feeling better, Nippy Jen that goes for you too and I promise I shall do likewise. Please look after yourselves girls.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Evening Sally poor Jimster and the cat last night. I am pleased his paw didn't suffer.
Goodness what a shock this morning him coming back out of the hedge with the cat I am not surprised he is all pooped out.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Evening beanster Oh you have such a varied family all nesting in your garden there, and I'm sure, as Gordon has said, if you keep the café open they might well have two lots this year at yours. I have loads of blackbirds, but they seem to have all gone, and I too remember when a sparrowhawk took one of mine out at the old house. The speed it zoomed along the top of the big, wide hedge was quite incredible before it just swooped down and grabbed it I had to stop feeding them cos there were too many congretating at the table it made it easy pickings for that sparrowhawk.

Poor Jimmi, that cat seems to have taken it's toll on him there if he's still zonked out I'm glad he won, cos cats can do so much damage to dogs, and what about you??? Not a hair out of place I bet

June, have a nice early night with lots of painkillers.

Moyra, hope your mouth is good now that the injections have worn off, that's always the worst part for me with the stinging and aching.

Jen, you poor old sausage, you don't sound good at all

Sick bay is pretty full atm isn't it, but I won't be in there, and don't think you can collar me for night duties either cos I'm off to bed soon to watch the final episode of that Widower. It's based on a true story and how he got away with it God only knows, but maybe at the end he didn't, I'm hoping that's the case.

Dave was on good form tonight, but he's fed up being back at work with the moans and woes of his staff and customers, but then that's life isn't it, you either put up or shut up about work, or walk out!

I've had a lovely day of doing nothing, and I might just do the same again tomorrow, although a little visit to Mr S is in order for a few supplies like ice cream.

Night night all, hope all the poorlies are better in the morning. I'm going to get up early and get up on the top cos this morning I left it so late, I had to make a detour because of the school run and it wasn't good at all, I need to get across the main road at the top, but if I leave it till gone 8, I've had it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Just checked my phone before and I had a couple of missed calls, soooo just got off the phone now, and have missed Corrie will be going for the 8.30 episode as it is so predictable now I can virtually write it all myself
Sally, no wonder Jimmi was fast asleep after his eventful evening and then his morning walk. He must be quick to actually manage to pick a cat up, they usually stay just far enough away to be torments but not have to suffer their just desserts for BEING torments.
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >