View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Lacey what on earth is goffer. There was a Gordon the Gopher on TV for kids years ago with that Phillip Schofield chap - is it the same?????? Or has El Vino struck early? Bye fer now!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Lacey what on earth is goffer. There was a Gordon the Gopher on TV for kids years ago with that Phillip Schofield chap - is it the same?????? Or has El Vino struck early? Bye fer now!
Yes that's the one Spelling is not my thing!! El vino shortly though
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Just popped in to say a quick hello and a goodnight, and had to share this with you, a friend just e-mailed it to me

"One December day we found an old straggly cat at our door.
She was a sorry sight.
Starving, dirty, smelled terrible, skinny, and hair all matted down..
We felt sorry for her so we put her in a carrier and took her to the vet.
We didn't know what to call her so we named her 'Pussycat.'
The vet decided to keep her for a day or so
He said he would let us know when we could come and get her.

My husband (the complainer) said, 'OK, but don't forget to wash her, she stinks.'

He reminded the vet that it was his WIFE (me) that wanted the dirty cat, not him.

My husband and my Vet don't see eye to eye.
The vet calls my husband 'El-Cheap-O', and my husband calls the vet 'El-Charge-O'.

They love to hate each other and constantly 'snipe' at one another,
With my husband getting in the last word on this particular occasion..

The next day my husband had an appointment with his doctor,
Who is located in the same building, next door to the vet.

The GP's waiting room and office was full of people waiting to see the doctor.
A side door opened and the vet leaned in - he had obviously seen my husband arrive.

He looked straight at my husband and in a loud voice said, 'Your wife's pussy doesn't stink any more.
We washed and shaved it, and now she smells like a rose!
Oh, and, by the way, she's pregnant!
God only knows who the father is!'
Then he closed the door.
The silence was deafening.

A vet with a definite soh there methinks!!!

Night night all, hope all poorlies are better tomorrow.
Zena hasn't been lame ONCE today Not even after her nanny nap and yet yesterday, she was chronically lame on getting up
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Hello Helena night Helena.

that made me laugh and did i nee a laugh today.
Glad to hear Zena hasn't been lame.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2014, 08:02 PM
HELENA Think D.A.D has well and truly started
Aww LYNN,what's up,did you not have a good day?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Hope you're OK Lynn, whats gone wrong.
Have had a nice tea and am now watching The Musketeers, with a nice cup of tea and eating a Bounty.
Need to go and take another Vit D because its got to be after food.
Gordon, hope your little session with your Norty Puppy bears fruit, I find a long line very useful for a variety of things and have had to resort to it recently with Keshi due to her football fetish, however it seems to have stopped her interest in them at present, as doesn't have a choice on recall really because she is brought back to me whether she wants to or not.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Family have all left now and I can resume my place outstretched on the settee I've had a lovely Mothers Day and feel very thankful for that.

LS Well done to Carys for her prayer reading in church. Things like that are wonderful for their self confidence I bet you held your breath the entire time
Moyra Good luck tomorrow .... I'll be thinking of you.
Lynn I hope you are OK
Helena That copy of your email made me smile
Gordon Well done with taking your little terrorist in hand and hopefully the long line training will soon get his recall spot on.
June What a very very proud 'mummy' you must be today .... Keshi is a star
Lacey Sounds like you too have had a lovely day with some nice gifts too. Enjoy your evening.

I'm also watching Muskateers. Sleep well all and see you tomorrow.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2014, 08:52 PM
JENNY,good to hear you had a great day Enjoy relaxing,you deserve it
I had my mum here for a visit,honestly the woman is a lunatic,all we do us laugh! Left her home to an empty house but she's ok,likes her own space,will be getting up at 6am to go to Mass bless her
Need to iron a school uni and make a coffee,don't really fancy el Vino must be coming down with something!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Oh dear Lacey - Don't fancy El Vino eh - you must be sickening for something. Perhaps it's all the prezzies and nice treatment you've been getting (if you're not used to it you can get taken unawares). Well at least you can rest easily in the knowledge that it only happens once a year! I feel sure you'll be back to normal tomorrow. TW - Big congratulatios on the award with Keshi especially as your prep time had been so disrupted. The only thing that terrier bitch of mine would win is "pup the judge would least like to take home!" but you can rest assured I won't give up. I always find it irritating when a good looker has deficiencies in other departments for in all other aspects she really is a smasher. Will pop back in later if anyone is still up and about. Bye fer now!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2014, 09:34 PM
She's only a baby still Gordon, and doesn't know any different really does she. Now you're getting stuck in to it with her and the long line to stop her getting into real trouble she'll come good, they always do, eventually. Time and patience, and you've got all that in spades because you've been doing it for years. Keshi has come as a great shock to me, her mother is the most devious norty girlie I have ever encountered, I had literally never ever met a dog like her, she was good as gold till she was around 18 months and then completely changed tack and started ignoring me and causing terrible problems, so I am daily expecting Keshi to do the about turn on me as she is nearing 18 months, this time I will be ready and waiting and not stunned into some sort of zombie like submission
Need to get girlie brekkies done and go and have my soak as my backs hurting, house is a sight cleaner and tidier than it was, I am on a mission this week to get the place up to scratch.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >