View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Morning everyone - Lovely day up here everything seems to be in good order and happiness reigns at the Chateau Gord. The Mem and I are about to go to the village for the Spring Fair (Noblesse Oblige and all that) probably crocheted toilet roll covers and home made jam (some use to a diabetic) the jam that is!!! Well its only once a year. Lynn - If you suspect that Dillon's eye thing is caused by nettles I always find that bathing them with cold tea works really well, as mine are regularly troubled by this in summer for they are constantly trying to winkle the local rabbits out of their secure hidey holes in the nettle beds. I bathe them every hour for four hours after symptoms appear and it usually does the trick! Bye fer now
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 11:48 AM
We had a lovely walk and I'm in a T-shirt and jeans If it stayed like this all summer it would be perfect .... not keen on hot weather but this is just right. The dogs are now sunning themselves on the doorstep before I put them inside and go and stock up on supplies for the weekend.

Lynn So pleased that Dillon's eye doesn't seem to worrying him so much now .... it's probably more worrying for you ((hugs)). Enjoy your day with Gorden.
Moyra It sounds a great idea The money you'd save on car insurance, road tax etc etc would allow you to get a taxi in an emergency Good luck with Amber's diet .... maybe I could join her
ndidi I'll go and take a look to see if you've put another thread up. Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. A big gentle ((hug)) from me because it really sounds like you need one.
Oh no Nippy I can only assume Brian thought he'd share it with you . You poor thing and I hope you both feel better soon. Thank goodness Pepsi seems OK now and I'm sure she'll be more than happy just having garden breaks today.

Off to the shops now. Take care all and see you later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Gordon you snuck in while I was posting . Enjoy the village fair and try and refrain from buying too many crocheted loo roll covers . There might be some yummy home made cakes though A lovely day for it and I hope its a great success.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Hello
Good to hear Dilly Dallies eye is ok
JENNY,you lucky bat,sunshine,t-shirt Enjoy xx
MALKA,poor Pereg(( hugs))hope you both manage to get some rest.
GORDON,how lovely Have a great time at the fair
BEV,is off to the pub tonight! Have fun
MR & MRS NIP JEN sorry,you both are still not doing so good,jam Sammie's and a duvet day I reckon,bless,(( hugs))
Can't think what else is happening so I'll just wish everyone a happy Saturday
Town is mad today,everyone is carrying flowers Mothers Day tomorrow of course so that's were we're off to,to get the two best Mum's in the world something gorgeous
All delighted with myself,got into a pair of jeans today I haven't worn for the longest time their my favourite pair so I'm well chuffed,spinning,vibrating and porridge are defo paying off
Must remember to avoid the dessert isle in Marks
Have a brilliant day all,try not to hurt yourselves especially Tina White!!
Love you peeps See ya later xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Eileen, glad your porridge and spinning and vibrating is paying off could do with some of that for Amber although Steve says I need some myself too. Lol. The swelling in my ankle and knee have gone down a bit now so not so painful for Amber's second walkl. Mind you I am taking my Tramadol every 6 hours and ibuprofen as needed. The ibuprofen is good for taking the inflammation out of it. My mouth feels much better too. Just that piece of broken tooth he left behind is annoying but I shall go on Monday and get those others out. My cold is beginning to dry up to what it was over night too. Oh God you would think I need chucking in the waste bin and putting out of my misery Lol. Nippy Jen and others still suffering I hope as the day goes on you are also feeling a bit better. God bless all.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 02:19 PM
MOYRA,if I had all that going on I think I'd be feeling seriously sorry for myself so you're a wee star Good to hear you're feeling a bit better,roll on Monday eh?
Just back from Marks,was queued to the doors,went elsewhere for flowers though,wasn't a great selection left.Flowers for MIL and my mum,also got my mum a beautiful navy,long coat type cardi Know I shouldn't make a difference but can't help it,my mum is one in a million who's to know?
Gonna have a coffee and a hot cross bun.Hubby is cooking a variety for himself and youngest
See u later xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Thanks Eileen, if you had lived nearer this morning when I could hardly walk I would have taken you up on taking Amber for a walk. She is nearly ready now for her third walk of the day bless her. Nice to buy them flowers, Steve bought me some lovely ones. I hope your mum loves her new cardi. Well better take Amber, take care.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Really do wish I could help MOYRA.Bit frustrating sometimes actually when there's poorlie peeps and doglets on here and I think, if only I lived closer Guess there are people in that situation living right next to me and I don't even know
OH has gone for a nap,bless him..funny the way he doesn't snore during the day
,think he saves it all up for when its my turn to join him
Can't put the ironing off anymore,won't mind when I get started though.Had planned on doing the garden but its mizzly rain or and off here,will have to wait till Monday,cause tomorrow I plan on doing zippo!
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Morning all... absolutely persisting down here again today, apparently we have now had the wettest March ever on record, 8.87 ins of rain.. SO I guess what England had we are now having just a bit of a different jet stream!!

hey ho, it will stop eventually but I just can't help but feel for the poor rescuers around the mudslide, with all this rain!

So today I am off for a bit of a pamper whilst Mr M takes the girls out in the rain he doesn't care, and infact neither do I worry about walking in the rain, but it isn't as nice as sunshine!! so pleased we went camping last weekend as it was such a glorious weekend!! what a difference a week makes!

Right off to have breakie - HI to everyone, pleased to hear the sun is shining on you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Mother's Day in 1968 was, I think, on 24 March. My daughter was born on the date she was due, ie Tuesday 13 March which is twin and my birthday, but 1968 was a Leap Year so she was born on Tuesday 12 March. In those days mothers were kept in hospital for a minimum of 10 days following delivery so I was still in the maternity unit on Mother's Day.

So I had birthday cards sent, new baby congratulations cards sent, and my then husband brought me my first [and last] Mother's Day card. It read on the front

" I knew you woz my mummy as soon as I saw you"

and inside it read

"you woz too pretty to be my daddy".
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »