Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Afternoon all,

My plans (well didn't really have any)changed and I ended up going to visit Mum at her nursing home so the dogs only got a half hour walk before we left. OH dropped me and Rucksack off at my Mum's and then drove on to see his Mum with Flash. The M25 was dire going and coming back but the dogs just slept.

I've been doing my ironing while watching my programme on ITV 2-3 and will then take the dogs out for a longer walk. The sun is out and it should be lovely

Lynne That's a good system you have by leaving your shopping in a locker and OH collects it. I didn't watch that programme either as I really can't handle watching a dog being PTS .... although I've always been with mine when the time has come
Nippy OMG your patience must be stretched to the limit at the moment. Your poor OH and of course little Pepsi too. I hope they are both feeling better very soon. Do you think Pepsi has eaten something nasty or is it a bug?
Lore That is rotten of your OH to complain about the kitchen .... maybe he could have tidied it up himself. Best to ignore him .... but don't take it to heart ... chin up ((hugs)).
Elaine Welcome back
Helena That's a relief that you are included in OH's future plans and he did well to sort that fencing in just an hour. Hopefully he'll be all sorted now having 'googled' nervous breakdown I've got to sort some of our turf so I'm going to do it 'your way' as it sounds a darn sight easier than removing the old sparse turf first. If it doesn't work I'll tell my OH it was your fault Enjoy your weekend.
Daisy Aw that was nice of you to donate .... I frequently donate to good causes ..... just so many at the moment in dire need . I hope your weather breaks for the better.

Off to walk the dogs again now but will pop back later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Afternoon Debbie sorry you have more rain. Cannot begin to imagine the horror of that mud slide and the trauma it must be causing for the rescuers. I am sure your donation will be put to good use and much appreciated.
Jenny funny how plans sometimes go completely the opposite to what we have planned. Must of been nice seeing mum.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
he needed chicken wings too so killed two birds with one stone.
Wow, I wish I could do that, four chicken wings with one throw, that's Guiness book of records stuff
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Afternoon Harvey I have hidden talents.

How are things goings like the packing and contracts etc.,
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Hey all you Lulu Belle's and Lulu Boys
Its FRIDAY!! and you know what that means
Big hi to ELAINE good to see you,we miss you and MR NIPPY JENNY Cavonia is very good for coughs,will blow your mind but its good
At first glance everyone else seems to be ok..MOYRA hope your feeling better
Been out with a friend all day,we had lunch and a bit of shopping My friends all work so when one has a day off we meet up,it was great
Takeaway tonight,so looking forward to it,been so good all week easily pleased aren't I?...salad bap and a chip
Wonder has SALLY got a monster head today? Woman shouldn't be allowed out without adult supervision
Coffee time... to you all
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 04:39 PM
No I shouldn't have been allowed out without supervision. I have an ankle and a knee that are so swollen it is unbelievable. why should I suffer from this as well as my bldy gob. I have just walked Amber for the last time today and now I must rest this ankle and knee with a ice cold compress from the freezer, Steve's advice and it does work, not that he would offer to alleviate me from the walk. still haven't spelt it right!

Have a good evening all. love you all, I am going to sit on the sidelines. afternoon all. God bless.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon Harvey I have hidden talents.

How are things goings like the packing and contracts etc.,
Hi Lynn, yes some progress, OH has decided to contact the firm who moved us nearly eleven years ago (assuming they are still in business!)

What are you doing over Easter Gordon will be home I hope, I'm thinking about this long overdue meet in Thetford forrest
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Wish I lived near you MOYRA,I'd take Amber out.That knee and ankle sounds painful (( hugs))
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Afternoon Eileen you still on the Beroca's ?
Afternoon Moyra oh dear you sound like you need a (((hug))).
Harvey hopefully they will still be in business. No harm looking into it.
Gorden is around over Easter yes. Are you here on April 12th its the world wide Bernese walk we are hoping to take Dillon and will be doing the Brancaster beach walk. If you are around with or without canine company and human company you would be welcome.
Apart from that I do have some days to catch up with friends and family that will entail 3 visits to Essex Gorden is home for nearly two weeks I think except for the 11th April. So I am sure we can sort something out.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Thanks for all your good wishes with my mum today.
I went in with her and have come out feeling more positive. They said mum was probably making the right decision not having the surgery as it was major surgery that there is a possibility she may not make it through and then if she did she would be left with a colostomy bag and a long recuperation which wouldn't be pleasant. She is 84 and quite frail now so if I was her I also wouldn't do it.

They have discharged her from hospital but are writing to her doctor to say if she changes her mind on the surgery or if things get worse, more bleeding and pain won't ease with medication etc they will always see her.

I asked how things would go forward for her without the surgery but they couldn't answer that, they said she could go 4 or 5 months with no problems and then a big flare up or it could flare up in a week or two, but when she gets a flare up she must go and get the medication from the doctor and take another course. She also has to take senakot to keep her motions soft.

I think we all need to move forward positively and just do what we can to help her and my dad and let them enjoy the better days.
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »