View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2010, 08:14 PM

Look who i'm doggy sitting (poodly thing)

This is my auntie's dog Blue. She was told he is a poodle, he came from somewhere not so nice originally and he had really bad skin, his fur has never grown back right, it's so thin and fluffy but in parts it's longer, his face and his knees! But he is a lovely wee thing.

My auntie dropped some glass on her foot a few weeks ago and she has to have an operation now as it got infected and turns out there are some shards of glass still in the wound! SO they need to flush it all out, so i'm looking after Blue for her and my uncle is looking after Lucy, her springer puppy but I said next time (she has to go in for an op on her back, which she already 'booked' me for Blue, before she had Lucy) I really didn't mind having the pup too.

Also, I have some pics of Maddy with Blue, they are not very good as taken in poor light on my mob but I just wanted to show (brag) how basically, damn bloody excellent she has been. She had a few woofs and grumbles but nothing at all serious, i'm so so so proud of her. Most of you know what she used to be like with strange dogs and a strange dog, in HER house, she's been ab fab! Very very pleased with her my little magface! Extra treats all round tonight!

This is Blue

Charlie and Dusty investigate "Ooooh who's this???"

Dusty has been flirting no end.

And Maddy investigating like a normal, albeit a little grumpy, dog!

Made my day! I truly believe anything is possible now, walking on water, you name it!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Great photos Kel, as you say Blue is a funny looking dog but I'm sure he's nice.

I know what you mean about Maddy and so glad she is being more accepting of other dogs. As it happens we've noticed our Bara is also much more sociable with other dogs now. Maybe age is mellowing the two of them
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Aww, wee soul!
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2010, 08:31 PM
I think he's sweet
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Great photos Kel, as you say Blue is a funny looking dog but I'm sure he's nice.

I know what you mean about Maddy and so glad she is being more accepting of other dogs. As it happens we've noticed our Bara is also much more sociable with other dogs now. Maybe age is mellowing the two of them
Ahhh maybe, it had to happen some day! How old is Bara now? Maddy just turned 5 last month. Maybe she is starting to gain some wisdom at long last!

He actually looks better in these pics, he looks like he has hair! I can't really describe his coat other than a very thin layer of cotton wool. I have never seen anything like it before and he is full of small round scars, I dread to think what he's been through. He is still very skittish and handshy and even in saying that, he's much better than he was. It was some type of BYB/puppy farm type place he lived in previously. All poodles but probably used for 'doodles' too, so who knows? I don't understand the horrible things some people do to animals but he's such a lovely wee thing despite whatever happened, not a bad bone in his body. He's actually kipping behind me now and he's woke himself up twice howling.

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Aww, wee soul!
Thanks. He's lovely!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
I think he's sweet
Thanks, I think he is too, bit gremlin like but he's cute!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Cutie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2010, 09:17 PM
lol - looks like both our troublemakers have had good weekends !!

great photos - blue looks a cute wee thing
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Awww a cutie, maybe poodly thing, but he's lovely xxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Ahhh maybe, it had to happen some day! How old is Bara now? Maddy just turned 5 last month. Maybe she is starting to gain some wisdom at long last!
She was 6 in March
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >