View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-01-2006, 01:48 PM
I feed my Bullmastiff 'Vegas' on Bakers cause its the only food which keeps the weight on him.

I've tried him on Burns,Pro-Plan,Arden Grange & JWB,but these all made him too slim no matter how much i gave him.I know Bakers isnt the best food on the market,but whats right for one dog-may not be for another.Vegas's coat is silky smooth,stools are firm and he does really enjoy it,but i do boost it up with couple of raw eggs per week.

I could never feed Bakers though to my old Rottie as it gave him chronic diarohea.
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Not something I would feed my collies because of the additives etc, They would be like children on e-numbers. Could be good for other breeds if they need a boost for energy just not for mine
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 02:55 PM
I have fed it..

Seem to remember alot of smells coming from Bodhi
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 03:56 PM
EEEEEEEEK!!!!!!! Pleeeeeez don't feed Bakers - it is rubbish and is just about the worst for being full of artifical colourings, flavourings and additives - just read the packet and look at all the E numbers! It can send dogs hyper.

I actually know of a dog that was put down because it was so uncontrollable - if only I'd known about it at the time and could of advised a natural diet it would still be alive today. I've seen very hyper dogs fed on it and changing to a BARF diet has produced totally different dogs within two weeks.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 06:26 PM
NO NO NO!!!!!!! Not Bakers......pleeease....bad food!!!
I would never feed it. Its dreadful stuff!!!!!!!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 06:41 PM
I know Bakers is not 'the best' food around, but if it suits your dog, then go for it!! I prefer something with less colours etc, but like Steve said, if it is the one that suits your dog and agrees with it. You have to feed it something!!!
Trial and error!!! You just have to find the right food, that agrees with you and your dog!!
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 06:42 PM
I think packet has less colourings and more nutrients than the food does!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Many opinions on this, Cassie loved it and it didn't change her behaviour but it is full of additives. She gets Burns or James Wellbeloved now and although she doesn't like it as much, it seems much better for her. Entirely your choice though
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 08:55 PM
it gives ben really bad wind he stinks the flat out when hes on that so obiously we dont give him that,but he loved it,he didnt put weight on,and didnt get hyper.
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
... Cassie loved it and it didn't change her behaviour but it is full of additives.
Hi im not being funny cause i agree like you said it suites ur dog, and u did point out thats its full of additives, and im sure you know but just cause her behaviour didnt change doesnt mean that its ok to feed. Fast food doesnt change most childrens behaviour but its not good for them to have.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >