View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Well today Sue decided I should to go for a walk along Bexhill sea front. No wonder she said nothing, all that exercise does nothing for my sitting position. Now planned for a pub meal so things can't be that bad.

Got my camcorder back from being repaired, the switch from video to stills to viewing decided to give up the ghost, so now a happy bunny.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2017, 11:04 AM
Lol Kazz...take my eyebrows with you, they need doing again!
Tumbleweed, not bad a bit of exercise with a pub dinner as a reward...fair deal
making a pasta bake for dinner...mum is out with her friend and dad likes it so he can have that...he may be eating it for a fortnight though Lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-05-2017, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
so that I can spend tomorrow sitting on the worlds largest carpark, M25. Have to pick son up from Heathrow, he lands at 3.15pm so by the time we get home it will no doubt be late as we will hit the rush hour.
Oh Sue, I think most of us have been there I shall be thinking of you because in my simple mind I believe the volume of traffic is much greater now than when I was commuting around the M25 and it was bad then

You might be lucky, it was 2013 when I took the camper van around the western route, mid afternoon, and those average speed signs seemed to help.

But on the other hand the flight will likely be late (Hope it's not BA ) and as you say 'rush hour' starts about 3:30pm. Hope it goes well.

As for me, well tommorrow I have to drive all of 10 miles to Thetford, if I leave mid morning I might get to the tip, bank, Sainsbury, pharmacy and home for lunch
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
being a male wouldn't automatically make him leader, they are born not raised and its the females that run the pack and make the decisions in the main anyway
Hi June, totaly agree, our Baruska was a leader 100% whereas dear old Casey is not. I sometimes ask people I meet with their dogs "If we humans were not here which dog would be the leader"

They look around and often look to Casey, before they can answer I say "It definately wouldn't be him"

They are often surprised
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2017, 12:56 PM
Took Mabs and Kesh up into the woods, as it was lovely and cool and quiet, with it being school holidays there were kids on the swings and no idea what or who else may appear. They enjoyed themselves just wandering about looking for squirrels and rabbits and turned round about halfway through the entire walk which takes you onto the country park, and headed for home. Then took Cariad, Lona and Zen out, it was immediately obvious that the reason Cariad is limping is a large protrusion just under her elbow. It looks like it has come out, but its a lump, a soft one. Now there is no way that was there yesterday because I would have noticed when I was tidying them up. Its massive. Took them onlead onto the little park and took it slowly, Cariad seemed fine in herself, sniffing round, we wandered along, then home. I then rang the vets for advice. Discussion with the receptionist about her, Neil not in till Friday, they have a locum, who is very nice and a good vet, but doesn't know the history or Cariad. I am to try and get a urine sample between now and Friday morning, when Neil is in again and we have an appointment for 10.40 am. If I am in any doubt or worried, or things take a turn for the worse, then I am to get in touch and they will see me. At the moment Cariad seems OK, she is eating, is a bit grumpy, but then Zen can do that very quickly
Jeff's cut the hedge and part of the jasmine and honeysuckle around my archway, said no way was he getting on a ladder to do the top, but he got most of it, and I can get up on a ladder and finish the top bits off with kitchen scissors. Painted the front bits of the new fencing for the borders, and they are drying in the sun. Lunch now and then I'll finish off the haircut over the archway and fence should be dry enough to do the back bits
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Goo afternoon

Hope you have been a good girl Griff and done your chemo.

Don't go overdoing it June or you will belied up with your back again and we don't want that.

Kazz my son is flying in from Sao holiday Paulo Brazil for two weeks holiday.

Unfortunately Harvey it is round to Heathrow through all the variable speed limit signs which I think is the cause of the trouble if left to our own devices the traffic would flow a lot better. Usually holdup is from the junction at Reigate heading west

Everything accomplished today and a lovely meal at our local pub to finish off
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2017, 01:24 PM
Hi ya Harvey...how goes work on the man cave?
TW...could it be a lymph node under cariads armpit? assuming dogs have a similar lay out to us
Tried new spray machine....my tan solution has turned...can't afford the £40 for a litre at the moment so that will wait and i will continue using the 1hour mousse i have, gives a nice colour anyway
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2017, 02:31 PM
I thought you may have an idea about it, Griff. The individual lumps that came up round the op site are now one hard mass, and this isn't like that, and was wondering if it was fluid of some sort that had built up, didn't think of lymph nodes, but its blindingly obvious when someone else points it out!!!
I've given the archway a trim on top, using the rake to pull long pieces towards me, so it looks quite neat now, then put my new lights in it all, bought them months ago, I saw them in Home Bargains and bought a set every week for 4 weeks, 2 for me, 2 for son. The butterfly lights I had on the decking last year are around the clematis by the door. The 2nd set of flower lights are for the decking when I get that done and my pots planted up.
Quite right Sue, I have had enough now, but its taking shape slowly, need dry weather and it will be done pretty quickly, but we've rain forecast again on Friday.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2017, 02:52 PM
I have been a good girl Sue...chemo duly taken at 10.30 this morning and now feel suitably sick and very tired...just my teeth and joints to start hurting (had paracetamol already) won't last long, maybe until tomorrow morning then i will be o.k
TW, lights idea sounds nice...our back garden is such a tip, dad destroyed it when he was doing the bathroom Lol
had a bit of pasta bake, was quite nice...if my dad moans about it, he will end up wearing it Lol
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Afternoon all.
Sue, hope the trip to the airport is/was uneventful. It's a mental motorway and I truly don't know how people drive on it every day and keep sane.
Lynn hope you enjoy your little treat out. Makes a change rather than thinking of what to cook doesn't it.
Moyra hope you get your transport sorted. Some kindly folk in our village do hospital runs for those who can't get there under their own steam.
Kazz, I have males and females and the males are really henpecked! No way do they attempt or want to be in charge.
Griff hope you're feeling better after your chemo. Don't mix up the spray tan with creosote lol.
June, could that lump be an abcess from a grass seed? Your lights will look great when they're all up. I did buy a reduced box of solar lights, they're light bulbs in different colours but I'm disappointed in them. I've got a jasmine in a big pot that's never flowered, any ideas?

Touch wood my suspected tooth abcess that kept me awake all Saturday night seems to have settled. Was gargling non stop with salt water the next day and I was like a bear with a sore head. Hubby rallied a bit after antibiotics for his diverticulitis but peaked too soon on the food front and is now suffering again so I'm nagging him to go back to the docs.

Wish the sun would make an appearance, fed up with the grey days.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >