register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2016, 11:01 PM
Just had a look out again and Mabs face is peeking out of the doorway of the sleeping compartment in the little kennel, stretching and looking very comfortable,no one else in with her, she's got the entire heatlamp to herself
Snow coming down in big lumps as well
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-01-2016, 11:10 PM
June - How utterly despicable to leave a beautiful creature like that tied up, all alone. They are truly beneath any contempt. I'd flog the flesh off their back and ban them from having an animal of any kind for life.
Nice to know that there was a happy ending waiting for her with your friend.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2016, 11:15 PM
Very sadly, through asking around, they found there was another dog, despite all their efforts (and knowing them they would have put their hearts and souls into it-he was even going to climb over the wall of the place where they were kept) they couldn't get an address. So we'll never know what happened to the other one, possibly her brother, we know they were bought as a pair, but from whom and by whom they couldn't find out.
However Timba landed on all 4 paws and you couldn't find a better home and I'm privileged she came back after and despite poor Samson's death for another from me
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2016, 11:20 PM
She probably rrealizes that losing Samson was just one of those horrific things that happen, if the pm showed nothing then it wouldn't have been preventable and I am positive she could tell how upset you were too. I am glad that after a crap start in life the girl is doing good...plays on my mind something terrible about diesels sister..i still feel immense guilt that I couldn't get her handed over to me to rehome her...i do know she got a real good home in the end which makes me feel slightly better
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-01-2016, 11:23 PM
Good old days eh? e.g. Dirty Mary's Chippy (always a queue) where the newspaper for wrapping the fish and chips was cut in squares and stacked at the end of the counter. Where it was kept warm by her big ginger tom-cat, who used to curl up on it asleep. When she wanted a fresh couple of sheets she used to slide them out from under the cat - who never moved a muscle - he was so used to the performance. Like many other chippies in those days, she sold wet-fish during the day off an un refrigerated marble slab in the side window, which is where the old tom spent his day curled up asleep in the sun! No one thought to complain and even if they had "Dirty Mary" got her nickname from her language not her serving conditions, any complainants would have had to be pretty damn tough.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2016, 11:30 PM
We all thrived on it though LGNever saw anyone with allergies or had food intolerances, did you
Griff, she kept me informed all through it all, he was a stunning boy, even if I say so myself, one of the nicest I've bred, a real mummy's boy though, she adored him, here is one of the last piccies of him
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samson.png
Views:	54
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	4819  
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2016, 11:34 PM
Lol, LG...could you imagine environmental health seeing that nowadays...they'd all have a fit!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-01-2016, 11:42 PM
Never suffered from anything - to be honest! I was expressly forbidden from going to Mary's Chippy but as I used to go past the door on my way home from training at the local rugby club - 12 year old boys are easy tempted by the smell of chips!
You are so right about the allergies thing - never heard of anyone suffering from any such affliction. Like this attention deficit disorder and dyslexia - who invented them? Only ever new one lad in the village who couldn't read and he was just plain stupid - Saw him some 30 years later when he was home visiting his mother. Driving a Rolls and smoking a big cigar. He and his brother had a huge scrap business since sold and he took off to Spain with the proceeds. Not bad for just plain stupid! lol !
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2016, 11:59 PM
My brother is dyslexic, he struggled like mad with reading and spelling and his handwriting...well it looked like a spider crawled across the page, he has done brilliantly, been to uni, got a degree and is now a manager for the fraud dept in a bank....he had to work damn hard but he did it. My aunty (I don't speak to her) is apparently always up the school with her kid and trying to get a label slapped on him to excuse his behaviour...he is just naughty and needs sorting out, he beat my nice little cousin up and they thought he would end up at the hospital...me I would tell them never to bring the kid near me again...my nice aunty still has them round but doesn't let the kids go upstairs
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2016, 12:14 AM
I know it is controversial, but, a blerdy good hiding at an appropriate point would cure a lot of these little sh*ts! They have no fear of authority because it is obvious to anyone that authority can do nothing to or with them. A well placed slap could cure a lifetime of malignant actions. These odious little brutes then grow up into the sort of people who we all try to avoid when out with our dogs and promptly breed yet even more generations of half-wits - and on it goes. Frequently it is at the expense - one way or another - of all the decent hard working people of our little island. Sorry - rant over - but you surely know what I mean!
Will get off to bed before my blood pressure goes off the scale! lol !
Goodnight all - take care of yourselves and with a bit of luck I'll see you all tomorrow. G.
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >