Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 10:20 AM
We get asked if Hamish is a pure lab, because

'labs only come in yellow, black and chocolate and he is ginger, so he must be crossed with something and we have been mis-sold our dog!'

Actually, no, he is yellow, just very dark, often called Fox Red!!!!

x
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
When my son was younger we were at a spnsored dog walk and a lady was holding a toy poddle in her arms. My son asked me what it was and I said 'it's a toy poodle' a couple of minutes later he almost fell over in shock when it moved!!!!
That is brilliant, although I must confess, when I was younger and used to read Animal Ark books, and a Toy Poodle was mentioned, I used to picture a plastic poodle in a cage in the vets!!!

x
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 10:24 AM

Ohhhhh yes I know exactly what you mean.

'Is that a Black Setter?'
'Is that a Golden Retriever' and other such comments. Sigh.
A Golden Retriever that is black. LOL. I think there might be a clue in the name.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
A Golden Retriever that is black. LOL. I think there might be a clue in the name.
You'd think wouldn't you?!!!!
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2009, 10:26 AM
When my son was younger we were at a spnsored dog walk and a lady was holding a toy poddle in her arms. My son asked me what it was and I said 'it's a toy poodle' a couple of minutes later he almost fell over in shock when it moved!!!!
That's great!
We took him to a local fete about a month ago and he was too young to be on the floor so I was carrying him. I didn't even mention the breed but the amount of people who came up and said they'd thought he was a cuddly toy was unreal!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Gina&Jaz View Post
That's great!
We took him to a local fete about a month ago and he was too young to be on the floor so I was carrying him. I didn't even mention the breed but the amount of people who came up and said they'd thought he was a cuddly toy was unreal!
Awwwww I can well believe it!
That was one of 'those' incidents in my sons life that I will always remember, it took me a while to realise why he had freaked about a dog moving. We laughed a lot with the owner once we had explained to him,bless!!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
We get asked if Hamish is a pure lab, because

'labs only come in yellow, black and chocolate and he is ginger, so he must be crossed with something and we have been mis-sold our dog!'

Actually, no, he is yellow, just very dark, often called Fox Red!!!!

x
The lady I know with working type Golden Retrievers gets that a lot. They are also a deep red colour. She gets a lot of: "Golden Retrievers are WHITE. They can't possibily be purebred."
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 10:55 AM
here's one for you....

A man came into my shop and walked straight into the salon at the back (obviously the 'no admittance' sign didn't apply to him). Dandy and Rio were in their dog run and started barking, so the guy walks straight up to the run with his hands outstretched. I say to him - they won't make friends with you I'm afraid. He says 'yes they will - I train dogs, I train German shepherd police dogs for a living. I have a german shepherd dog at home. It's so well trained I can't take it out or it will bite everyone.'

Then a minute later...'are these German Shepherds then?'
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
here's one for you....

A man came into my shop and walked straight into the salon at the back (obviously the 'no admittance' sign didn't apply to him). Dandy and Rio were in their dog run and started barking, so the guy walks straight up to the run with his hands outstretched. I say to him - they won't make friends with you I'm afraid. He says 'yes they will - I train dogs, I train German shepherd police dogs for a living. I have a german shepherd dog at home. It's so well trained I can't take it out or it will bite everyone.'

Then a minute later...'are these German Shepherds then?'
Oh my - PMSL........

What a plank!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Love this thread.
Yoof looking at Daisy...Can I stroke your dog?
Me ...No
Yoof...why`s that then?
Me...Because she`ll bite you
Yoof...what really?
Me...yup
Yoof..can I stroke it then?
sigh
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >