Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Update -

I saw her again this morning with booth of her dogs (the other one was with a friend yesterday).

I was chatting to a guy a know who she also knows so she came over. She didn't ask how Woody was which I thought was really rude and started to let the other dog off saying ''don't worry, he knows them and he's fine.'' Well he didn't know Woody and obviously didn't like Woody.

He set on him. Snarling and chasing. I let them be for abit but when he got too close and Woody yelped I asked her to call him back and put him on the lead, explaining that I just didn't want to take any chances after yesterday.

She did as I asked, looked really hurt and said she would move on then. I felt terrible BUT I have to think of my dog and put his needs first. He was OK and has seemed fine with other dogs ever since but I do not want to take any chances.

I did get a chance to suggest she either a) muzzles the biter or b) at least keeps her on lead all the time but she just wasn't listening and looked quite hurt.

Such an awkward situation. I want to help her and have been as nice as I can but I have to put my dog first.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 02:47 PM
i hope woody's ears ok.

well to have 2 dogs do this then SHE has no thought for you or others.

i'd report her to the dog warden before another incident happens.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I don't really think she's accepting what's happening No way would I let either of mine behave like that not that they would they are great with other dogs.

I think you are going to have to be firm and walk away if she tries to let them off lead around Woody. Fine to walk together on lead and try to get her dog to relax around Woody but no way should she be stressing him to train her dog.

I'm always willing to help people having had afear aggressive dog myself but not at my boys expense
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 05:31 PM
OMG Pidge! That's really shocking. She really shouldn't have let her dog off around Woody - she knew what happened yesterday

Poor Woodster xxx
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2009, 06:24 PM
poor woody once is bad enough but twice in two days
hope woody is ok now
with regards to the ear, are old dog got a bite on her ear it was a really nasty cut with loads of blood and quite big we cleaned it up, and then put savlon on it twice daily ( which she couldnt lick off ) her ear healed great and you wouldnt no she had been bit if you didnt no,
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 06:27 PM
He's alright Sarah, but I just think she is confused about the whole thing. She CLEARLY loves dogs and is desperate to help Tia, but she must start listening to other people as well.

Cava, I might suggest that to her, the walking alongside thing. I am desperate to help her, I mean she's on her 3rd re-home and is an angel with people (she rolled over the minute I made a fuss of her). This woman is so lovely and really wants to make things right with her dog. I just want to help her ;o(

Friday didn't bite Woody, he just totally went for him. But then. Woody is a Mummy's boy. It's a trait I quite like about him because he's so lovely with everything he sees, but conversely I guess it must make him an easy target in the dog world?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I am desperate to help her, I mean she's on her 3rd re-home and is an angel with people (she rolled over the minute I made a fuss of her). This woman is so lovely and really wants to make things right with her dog. I just want to help her ;o(
That's so nice of you. In the nicest possible way I still think you should suggest she's keept on lead for the time being. It maybe that when she has met Woody a lot more times she will be less aggressive to him.

That's what happened with our Bara and the neighbours little dog. Initialy Bara was chasing it and snapping at it and the owner picked it up, so we started putting Bara on the lead. After about six months Bara suddenly changed and we let her off lead, the little dog came up to her and Bara just ignored it, and all has been peaceful ever since.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Yes, I'll try and talk to her about it when I next see her.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
I don't really think she's accepting what's happening No way would I let either of mine behave like that not that they would they are great with other dogs.

I think you are going to have to be firm and walk away if she tries to let them off lead around Woody. Fine to walk together on lead and try to get her dog to relax around Woody but no way should she be stressing him to train her dog.

I'm always willing to help people having had afear aggressive dog myself but not at my boys expense
I agree with above. She may be hurt but its better than any more "accidents" happen.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 09:34 AM
If she loves her dog as much as it seems then try pointing out that you recognise that he's lovely to humans so dogs are obviously very distressing to him so, either keeping him on a lead to keep him feeling safer closer to her, or letting him off the lead with a muzzle on, will keep others safe, as you should point out that other owners love their dogs equally to her, and can't risk letting their little ones getting bitten. Also point out that not all dogs will be as gracious as Woody and she could end up with her dog picking on the wrong one and getting badly hurt....

Hope Woody is ok xxxx
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >