View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 11:54 PM
When people ask if both dogs are health checked I don't think they actually mean a quick check up at the vets. I have cocker spaniels, they are DNA tested with Optigen - blood samples sent to New York and Antagene - blood samples sent to France for PRA and FN, annually tested for PRA, tested for Glaucoma, same goes for the stud dogs plus hip scoring.

You also can't put a day on the correct day for mating, all bitches are different. I've had bitches mated as early as day 6 and as late as day 22. You can get blood tests done to show when she is ovulating, or if you are close enough to the stud dog, visit often, if the dog is an experienced stud he will let you know when the timing is right.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 12:14 PM
hi
i know its very tempting to breed your bitch this season but am i right in thinking that if this is her 3rd season she is only about 18months old?
i really wouldnt think of deliberatly breeding a bitch before 3years of age she is not physicaly or mentaly mature enough why dont you wait a year and do some more research in the meantime?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2