Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 09:49 AM

Small cars and boot space

Hello all I wonder if anyone can tell me what small 3-5 door cars have boot space that folds flat like an estate, I am mostly in the car alone but would like to have a boot/hatch that folds flat to put the dogs in.

Thanks all.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 09:52 AM
ford focus is excellent for this esp the new model as it holds about 19 litres more space and its really easy to do!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Well, I bought a Renault Scenic because there was enough space in the back for dogs. I guess it depends on your price range. Are we looking at older cars or newer ones?
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2008, 07:06 PM
i have a ford puma (1.4) which is a proper drivers car - handles brilliantly and looks the biz too, the boot is quiet roomy but if you put the back seat down there is loads of space
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-01-2008, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't describe a Scenic or a Focus as a small car though, more medium size, and a Puma is just a fiesta with a go-faster shell on it.

Plenty small hatches fold down flat, but the loading sill height at the rear can be too high in some cases for small or less capable dogs. Best option is to look around when you are out and about and see which cars you like and then decide whether they meet your requirements.

We run a Skoda Fabia estate which is small to mid size and has plenty of room for 4 large dogs when the seats are down. Its about personal choice though so, take your pick of the bunch and pm me with your choice and I will try and give you the lowdown. (I'm a garage owner/mechanic and Mot tester btw)