View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 02:38 PM
What worries me about it is in some areas like the sports fields where I walk they could easily ban dog walkers, it isn't fair on the rest of us.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Where I train (a private house with its own large indoor school) the trainers found that someone was throwing their full bags out of the car as they drove up the long drive! They had a suspicion as to the culprit so, one day, they stuck tiny stickers on the bags they knew this person had used and, hey presto, there was their proof! Needless to say, that person was no longer welcome.

I do leave poo bags to be picked up on the way back but it's not a public common and I always collect them on the way back.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
Where I train (a private house with its own large indoor school) the trainers found that someone was throwing their full bags out of the car as they drove up the long drive! They had a suspicion as to the culprit so, one day, they stuck tiny stickers on the bags they knew this person had used and, hey presto, there was their proof! Needless to say, that person was no longer welcome.

I do leave poo bags to be picked up on the way back but it's not a public common and I always collect them on the way back.
That is the height of rudeness, show up pay for your knowledge then dump dog poop in your garden, cheeky ******, I hope she was thoroughly embarrassed when caught out
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Yes that does take the cake! I like the sticker brainwave!

When my Newlyn neighbours used to just let their dogs out the door late at night for them to 'do their business' (not even going out with them just left the door open for them to come back) and they'd run to the end of the tiny lane (where my place was!) dumped and gone home - I used to stick sandcastle flags in the poo and then loudly call to my daughter as she went off to school MIND THE SANDCASTLES JEN! They did get the message. It's funny how people behave differently when they think no one's looking or no one will find out isn't it?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Lol! I once did that up on our village green which was getting covered in dog poop, I went round putting little flags in each pile just to show up the person leaving it all there and it worked!
Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Yes that does take the cake! I like the sticker brainwave!

When my Newlyn neighbours used to just let their dogs out the door late at night for them to 'do their business' (not even going out with them just left the door open for them to come back) and they'd run to the end of the tiny lane (where my place was!) dumped and gone home - I used to stick sandcastle flags in the poo and then loudly call to my daughter as she went off to school MIND THE SANDCASTLES JEN! They did get the message. It's funny how people behave differently when they think no one's looking or no one will find out isn't it?
Love this!

Yeah in reply to other posts, it isn't around the bin but just dotted around the whole common, and even if people meant to pick them up again, that plan clearly hasn't happened as they've been there a while!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Full poo bags left around is a huge bug-bear with me too. Where I live everyone is asked to poo-pick and I personally know all the dog owners. I also know the owners who never pick-up and the ones who put it in a poo bag and then leave the bag so they can pick it up on the way back - but sometimes forget.

Everyone knows that I use bright blue ones and I'm the only one so nobody can ever blame me.

Also when out walking in public places I see these bags and my dogs when off lead will always go and wee on them ... I wouldn't like to have to pick them up after that,
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Samson wee's on them too, and much to my embarrassment also on any items of forgotten clothing left by the goal posts also he pood down one of the holes for the goal posts on the day the men were there installing them all, honestly I was so ashamed but it's only a few inches wide so no chance of retrieving it
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Samson wee's on them too, and much to my embarrassment also on any items of forgotten clothing left by the goal posts also he pood down one of the holes for the goal posts on the day the men were there installing them all, honestly I was so ashamed but it's only a few inches wide so no chance of retrieving it
That reply should have come with a health warning! Here I am recovering from a back injury, I read that, and although it hurts soooo bad to laugh, I couldn't help but literally laugh out loud!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Oh that's hilarious! Maybe it will help hold the post firmly in place lol!

My minpin will squeeze out a tiny pee for any discarded object on the paths - old socks, toys, bits of paper. I'm impressed at her aim even for the smallest of things - always spot on.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >